Air in pump basket

Jun 17, 2016
Rolla, MO
I performed a deep clean of my sand filter a few days ago and there seems to be residual air in the pump basket. Should i check seals to see if there is an issue or should i just buy a new set of seals? I have owned the pool for 2.5 years and pump is probably older than that since it came with the house. Also my pool doesn't seem to be filtering very well which I will attribute to the air in the pump.

Definitely check the pump basket lid's O-ring really well. That's a common areas for air to enter. Also ensure it's lubed nicely. More about air leaks on the TFP Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks. Keep in mind the deep clean shouldn't have any bearing on the pump basket issue. So perhaps you have a couple issues happening at once. If everything worked fine before the deep clean, perhaps something didn't go back together quite right to give you reason to suspect something is wrong in the filter. But since the pump is before the filter, air in that is a different issue. Oh, make sure your water level didn't drop too much at the poolside skimmer. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.