air in pum basket

gm

Jul 30, 2007
I have an intelliflo variable speed main pool pump that I'm having issues with air getting sucked in, and the water level in the basket is only about 3/4 full. I replaced the gaskets (lid and pump to basket housing), and there is no evidence at all of any leaks. It had been leaking between the basket housing and pump, which is what let me to replacing gaskets. There was a small amount of air in the basket when it was leaking.

No, gaskets replaced and no signs of water leaking anywhere. But water level is lower (more air). The pressure on the DE filter gauge is only at 8 PSI so I don't think it's a dirty/clogged filter.

Any suggestions on where to check next?

Thanks,
GM

Don't recall RPMs, I'm thinking 1750 or so on lowest setting (can't verify right now). But, it does it even at highest setting like when the spa is running. It fills more at higher settings, but never so all the air is out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.