Air bubbles in spa return on high RPMs only

jon335

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia
I have a new pool, variable speed Jandy Pump, air blower to spa. When I set my RPM above 2500rpm I get air bubbles out of my spa, if I set my set it to spa mode: return and drain from spa only and turn up the pump then I get tons of air bubbles (not as much as turning the air blower on) but still significant air bubbles, when I set the return to both pool and spa i also get air bubbles in spa returns and not in the pool as I have the floor cleaning system.

Any one know what this can be from? Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
The spa is plumbed such that the jets pull in air through a venturi. Without the blower. My spa does not have a blower and has plenty of bubbles. Unless you have more than 6 jets, or like a very violent spa experience, most spas do not need blowers.
If you slow the rpm down on the pump, the bubbles will cease.
Do you have regular pool returns as well as the IFCS?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
The spa is plumbed such that the jets pull in air through a venturi. Without the blower. My spa does not have a blower and has plenty of bubbles. Unless you have more than 6 jets, or like a very violent spa experience, most spas do not need blowers.
If you slow the rpm down on the pump, the bubbles will cease.
Do you have regular pool returns as well as the IFCS?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thank you mknauss, i wondered about that (higher rpm causing venturi effect to pull in air). I see my hartford loop: so when the rpm is high and the water is coming out fast then its drawing air from the air line into the spa jets? when its low its not creating enough flow to pull in air? Is this correct? Thank you again for your time.
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 3.41.02 PM.png

Thank you mknauss, i wondered about that (higher rpm causing venturi effect to pull in air). I see my hartford loop: so when the rpm is high and the water is coming out fast then its drawing air from the air line into the spa jets? when its low its not creating enough flow to pull in air? Is this correct? Thank you again for your time.
View attachment 373690

I have the QuickSkim x 2 with the return lines there, IFCS, and Spa returns, no other returns otherwise. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.