LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've checked seal at pump trap and released some air at filter pressure guage. Bubbles come from the 2 of 4 returns closest to pump equipment. Should I leave the air release open till only water is spurting? Hope it isn't sucking air from underground plumbing?
Thanks for your input.

How about showing us some pics of your equipment pad? It helps to see all the lines, valves, etc. No SWG correct?

Also ensure your pool water level didn't drop too low at the skimmer and/or that the weir door isn't getting stuck closed.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I've checked seal at pump trap and released some air at filter pressure guage. Bubbles come from the 2 of 4 returns closest to pump equipment. Should I leave the air release open till only water is spurting? Hope it isn't sucking air from underground plumbing?
Thanks for your input.
Hi @Rangerman . Obviously, it could be a number of things, including a leak/crack in the underground plumbing. However, there are a number of things you can look at first. I recently was getting air in my returns. I ended up finding a union that was loose. Keep in mind it wasn't loose enough to leak AT ALL, but with a pressurized system and the pump running it would pull in air. I would check all unions, as well at any gasket seals on pump lids, canister filters or automoatic chlorinators, etc. Take them apart, clean all conatct areas with a good degreaser, apply fresh silicone lube and check your returns again. If any of the O-rings appear "flattened" or misshaped or "grooved" from age or not being serviced frequently, replace them.

Particularly, if you don't have your pump, filter or any bolted to the pad (not many do), any time you open up a lid, it's possible to shift things just a bit in the process with unions.

Thanks for your input.
Try, leaving main drain open but closing your skimmer line, and then letting out air until the water is spurting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.