Bob2010

May 30, 2023
Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
recently based on some advice I was reading here I turned my main drains 75% closed so that I could have more skimming of the pool surface. This worked but for the same rpm I was running prior 1800-2300 I’ve noticed some air bubbles at the top of the pump basket. At 2300 it’s just a few but at 1800 after 5-6 hours it’s a small pocket about half an inch deep it seems.

Is this normal behaviour with vs pumps? With the main drain fully open previously didn’t see this issue unless very low around 1000 rpm

Hi Bob. Yes, this is relatively normal behavior for vs pumps running at slower speeds. If you have automation, you can schedule a higher speed run when necessary for a few minutes to clear the bubbles if it becomes a problem. Also, check your water level and make sure it's high enough that the skimmer action is not creating a vortex which could suck in air bubbles.

Reactions: Holydoc
recently based on some advice I was reading here I turned my main drains 75% closed so that I could have more skimming of the pool surface. This worked but for the same rpm I was running prior 1800-2300 I’ve noticed some air bubbles at the top of the pump basket. At 2300 it’s just a few but at 1800 after 5-6 hours it’s a small pocket about half an inch deep it seems.

Is this normal behaviour with vs pumps? With the main drain fully open previously didn’t see this issue unless very low around 1000 rpm
Is it filling your filter with air? If not, its just the nature of a VSP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.