Air blower running but no bubbles in spa

Aug 9, 2013
Dallas, TX
I just turned on the spa for the first time in a few months. We have an air blower that is elevated about four feet or so on a pole. I heard the blower come on when I switched it on remotely, but no bubbles came from the spa jets. It ran for a few minutes, then shut itself off (I assume to keep from overheating, but I don't know). I've never had this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have attached a picture of the blower and the area around it. I see a narrow pipe sticking up out of the ground in the lower right of this picture. Is that the air intake that you mentioned?

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_181421.jpg
    IMG_20200518_181421.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 28
Blowers do not typically have a separate air intake. The air intake comes from the bottom of the blower.

While the blower is making noise you do not know if it is blowing air. I would open up the blower and see what it looks like inside. You can also take the blower off the pipe and turn it on and see how much air comes out the center.

Reactions: Supersix
You'll need power to test the blower. Just make sure you don't stick your fingers in it. That could further complicate troubleshooting by making it difficult for you to type updates.

We had a new AquaLink system installed earlier this year. When the work was done, the guy went through the system with me to show that everything was working properly. When he switched on the air blower, we stood for a minute talking and then we were surprised to see the air blower completely covered in live ants. He sprayed the blower with ant spray, and that was the end of them. Could this thing be clogged inside with dead ants?!

We had a new AquaLink system installed earlier this year. When the work was done, the guy went through the system with me to show that everything was working properly. When he switched on the air blower, we stood for a minute talking and then we were surprised to see the air blower completely covered in live ants. He sprayed the blower with ant spray, and that was the end of them. Could this thing be clogged inside with dead ants?!

That's why I am suggesting you open it up and see what is inside.

It has foam baffeling that could have deteriorated. Or critters would have got inside. Or it could have sucked in some debris that is blocking the air intakes. You have to take ac lose look and you never know what you will find.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.