Aiper Seagull Pro Review

Have had the Seagull Pro for over 3 months - have had no issues (yet).....yes I would like a fine filter and hope Aiper reads this thread and comes up with one. Love the fact that it is cordless. I hope I do not run into issues. (fingers crossed)

I have the same problem with fine dirt which I believe is soot from truck diesel engines (my rear yard butts against a well traveled roadway). The filter basket does not catch these fine particles but I worked around it by lining the inside of the filter basket with 3/16 inch felt backing material that I got from hobby lobby. Other than that, the seagull pro has worked great, cleans my whole pool on a single charge. I only do the floors since the walls never get dirty. I love the convenience of not have a cord attached and I can use the pool while seagull is operating. The unit is a bit heavy getting it out of the pool.

Im not sure what our fine dirt is, regular house dust? In between vacuums I brush it off the bottom toward our deep solar inlets where some of it is captured by a cyclone. I don’t really need it to do the walls and with a small pool it should easily do the pool on one charge. Compared to a corded version I would expect it to be a bit heavier so I’m not fused with that. The convenience of cordless is a plus, I just read a story of a corded robot where the with a cord was so tangled it no longer worked properly. Although we’ve been down that cordless house vacuum path and gone back to a corded vacuum that just works better, actually we use both.

Have had the Seagull Pro for over 3 months - have had no issues (yet).....yes I would like a fine filter and hope Aiper reads this thread and comes up with one. Love the fact that it is cordless. I hope I do not run into issues. (fingers crossed)

The AU Aiper site doesn’t have any spare parts for sale. A finer filter would be nice but would come with a lose of suction. We do get palm tree nuts and other similar sized stuff that the Seagull would pickup. And the convenience, even though my vacuuming doesn’t take long it’s easy to put it off for another day.

I'm considering buying the Aiper Seagull Pro, however I noticed a few Amazon reviews stating that the treads left black marks. Most of the reviewers had fiberglass pools. Has anyone had any issues with marks on Pebble Tec? I have Aqua White Pebble Tec.

Last edited:
I bought this for the filter.
https://a.co/d/bA6AU2m

I believe I must have a hole in my DE grid, since it picked up a lot of FiberClear media. But does a great job with just a flat piece on the suction side. The lid closes against it to hold it on place.

Attachments

• PXL_20231013_184419153.jpg
    PXL_20231013_184419153.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 41
I've come to an interesting conclusion, I now just tap out the big debris after use instead of fully rinsing it which seems to keep the filter a bit more "clogged" amd seems to pick the silt up better

Reactions: CajunCoding
Anyone have any idea on a replacement battery for this. Bought one foe dirt cheap from a store that gets returns, Amazon etc. It works but batter life is very bad. Foe the price I paid. It will be worth keeping if I can change out the battery. It's not an authorized aiper push doubt they will help.

Anyone have any idea on a replacement battery for this. Bought one foe dirt cheap from a store that gets returns, Amazon etc. It works but batter life is very bad. Foe the price I paid. It will be worth keeping if I can change out the battery. It's not an authorized aiper push doubt they will help.
I'd day take it apart and see if there's a part number on it.

~7 months in and my seagull pro has died. Initially it was intermittent charging then it stopped charging all together. To Aipers credit, this occured on friday they asked for a video showing the problem which i sent (power light on charger and nothing on unit) , and I already have the replacement unit.
They told me to discard the non working one instead of shipping it back so that was a clear invitation for some destructive testing 😁.
From the pictures you will see that failure mode was water intrusion which appears to have come thru the vertical motor shafts (both). I was happy to see that the "switch" is in fact hall effect and the charge port seems very well waterproofed. I've kept the roller, wheels and battery as spares jic. To remove the battery though requires removing the drive motors which means digging out the sealant so not sure how realistic a self battery replacement is. 20231130_101736.jpg20231130_102640.jpg20231130_101740.jpg20231130_102652.jpg20231130_102212.jpg20231130_102634.jpg

Attachments

• 20231130_101738.jpg
    20231130_101738.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 6

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I always thought the bearings were a weak point in motorized cleaners. They need to seal well and remain that way for many years so using high quality waterproof bearings are a must.

Thanks for posting that.

~7 months in and my seagull pro has died
I swear nobody is even trying anymore. It's like they all raised the price by their actual cost so they can afford to send you a replacement before the warranty runs out. When that one breaks, the warranty started for the first one and didn't reset with the new one. :roll: it's been 367 days ? Shucks. So close. We won't honor that.
To Aipers credit, this occured on friday they asked for a video showing the problem which i sent (power light on charger and nothing on unit) , and I already have the replacement unit.
I applaud this. But in 7 months, see the above. :ROFLMAO:

(Fingers crossed for you though)

Reactions: HermanTX
But in 7 months, see the above. :ROFLMAO:
I feel ya, which is why I hedged my bet. Warranty is 2yrs, then my citi card doubles that. When we get to the 731st day and the third one dies then the Cc warranty will typically just refund the purchase... rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Newdude
I thought about one but when you look at the concept, the how it works, there just seams to be to many areas it can go wrong. You get water in and their toast. The motor seals are week point, do the better robots use better seals? I thought a dial for control was odd, surely a push button would be better. And the charge point, wireless charging would be a good solution but I don’t think anyone is doing that. There seems to be more design based on what they think will sell rather then how it works.

Is the whole concept is a bit over marketed. Pushing water uses power. The finer you filter the more power you need. A battery will limit power and flow rate. A corded variety has plenty of power but those cords do get twisted and tangled. I don’t think a robot will ever filter as fine as a sand or cartridge filter so maybe a suction side cleaned is still the way to go.

Mine gets stuck on bottom drain but working well otherwise. Here’s a decent price offer. Time limited 48 Hours

Attachments

• IMG_8035.png
    IMG_8035.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi all, now that many of you have had your Aipers for 6-9 months+, how would you say they are holding up? My Polaris P825 motor block has become compromised, so I’m wondering if I should invest a new one of these, or replace with a Known Good used motor block for the P825.

Bought my Seagull Pro very recently.

Does anyone on here have a tiled pool with the little tiles and it cleans the walls?
Mine simply won't go up the walls at all. At the bottom of each wall there is a curve going from floor to wall.
Whilst my pool is not square, it's not that weird of a shape for it not to go up any wall in my opinion.
View attachment 512361
Also, like everyone, the filter simply can't handle dust, has anyone come up with a working solution yet?

Thanks
👍
Hi! I have the same tiles and the shape of the pool is square. When i used the robot on the floor it looked lost and did whatever it wanted not following the S path as it should. Also it often stuck on the drain and at the end of walls. When i used in on walls it never climbed up. I am so disappointed. It acts stupid and i wonder why the reviews say that is perfect.. Did you find any solution about it? I am returning it.

Attachments

• IMG_1866.jpeg
    IMG_1866.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 13
No problem with Pebble finish, rule could be slicker. I mainly use it for floors anyway. I had to add .25" to the rear wheels to prevent drain sticking. You might see if they'll let you trade it for the Scuba S1, might do better with tracks.

Hi all, now that many of you have had your Aipers for 6-9 months+, how would you say they are holding up? My Polaris P825 motor block has become compromised, so I’m wondering if I should invest a new one of these, or replace with a Known Good used motor block for the P825.
Terrible...mine has died multiple times. Talking to Aiper now about a full refund.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support