Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We bought our freestanding spa tub in May last year. We’ve changed water twice but never done a deep clean. Soon we will be dumping and refilling with fresh water again. My question is do you add the ahhsome product to your current water or a fresh batch of water?

Picture...because who doesn’t love a picture!

Attachments

• 55873142-8E14-4145-B7AF-7CFBBB2298A5.jpeg
    55873142-8E14-4145-B7AF-7CFBBB2298A5.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 42
While I suspect most dose the hot tub when initially still full, I've actually seen it done both ways depending on how dirty the tub was initially and how many purges the owner decided to do. Maybe @Ahhsomeguy knows of a preference?

Ahh-Some Instructions

Reactions: JodieM
Jodie,

You just add it to the old water.. But.. you may have to do it several times, it just depends on how dirty things are. The first time I did it, I had to use it three times before the gunk quit coming out.. The next time I used it, I think I did it twice, and the last time I only had to do it once.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just treated my spa for the first time. I had never treated it before so I was expecting the worst. Ahhhsome was a gel, which surprised me. I placed three teaspoons in my spa while it was running full bubbles and water at perfect levels. It bubbled a lot and I got some bubbles that were lined with yellow color but no junk out of the pipes. I actually ran the spa for over an hour scooping out bubbles as I went. No gunk, just some yellow coloring at spots. I was really surprised. I drained the spa, wiped down the sides of it, filled it back up, and ran it for an hour before draining again. I filled it one last time and adjusted the chemicals. I was actually surprised that over this many years the spa was in such pristine shape. During the cleaning process, I had removed the filters and just had them floating in the spa as well.

Maybe I am just lucky, or maybe I keep it always very clean. Maybe the bromine kept it nice, or maybe I just loosened the badness and it will come pouring out later. Who knows. Either way, I am in it tonight and going to enjoy a glass of wine.

Hi JodieM and Holydoc: Here is information on the Ahh-Some Hot Tub Bio-Cleaner usage. Ahh-Some should be added to a filled hot tub just prior to when you want to "dump and refill". Ahh-Some is a gel and not a liquid. Being a gel, we can formulate a much higher % of active ingredients that will work quickly and more effectively. Do NOT use more than what we say for dosage. More will Not do a better job. Our unique formulation has been cleaning "closed loop" water systems of bio-contaminants for over 20 years. Every single item in our formulations are sourced in the USA. Hospitals are large customers with us as our product is used to clean detritus contaminants and organics from "birthing tubs". Ideally, even brand new or just delivered tubs should be Ahhsomeized. Most dealers won't provide this service even though all factory fresh and floor model tubs are generally loaded with the bio-gunk and who knows what. They'll infer that new tubs don't need cleaning. Wrong!

Regarding Holydoc's purge results that seemed insignificant to them. That yellow stuff that was released was stuff we eliminate. These "slime forming microorganisms" left in-place will consume extra sanitizer, promote foaming and generally cause water cloudiness.

When you purge on a regular basis, usually every 4-6 months depending on spa size and amount of usage, you will be promoting a much healthier hot tub environment. In some situations, a few purges are needed to do the complete job. Remember, that little 2 ounce container has enough gel to purge a 400 gallon hot tub up to 4 times. The shelf life is also very long, usually up to 5 years if the lid is on tight. There is no other purge product on the market quite like the Ahh-Some. We stand behind every single container With a money-back guarantee. We stand ready to field your calls, emails or postings concerning the Ahh-Some products.

Last edited:
Ahhsomeguy,

Thanks for replying. It is nice to see the manufacturers online supporting their product. I did not want to imply that the result was insignificant, but rather it was not as dramatic as I have read from others for my particular tub. I was pleasantly surprised.

Ahhsomeguy,

I've used the product 4 times in the last year on my 16 year old Arctic Spa tub.
The last time I went so far as removing the jets and cleaning the yellow/beige film that had accumulated there, refilled and did another treatment.
What I can't seem to eliminate is particles of this substance that keep appearing in the clean water, especially when the pumps are on high.
What might I be doing wrong?

Hi Gbest: When you mention "particles", I assume you mean fragments of the yellow/beige film you refer to.
This is very common. Until you eliminate the totality of the build-up in the plumbing this will keep happening periodically. This occurs typically when the pump(s) are first turned on. Some of the bio-fragments break off from the main colony still inside the plumbing. This will not harm you. Just be sure to maintain adequate sanitizer at all times. When you see the brownish film just wipe it away with a handy tub-side towel used specifically for this job. Repeated purges will eliminate the last remnants of the bio-gunk you are trying to eliminate.

Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Gbest: When you mention "particles", I assume you mean fragments of the yellow/beige film you refer to.
This is very common. Until you eliminate the totality of the build-up in the plumbing this will keep happening periodically. This occurs typically when the pump(s) are first turned on. Some of the bio-fragments break off from the main colony still inside the plumbing. This will not harm you. Just be sure to maintain adequate sanitizer at all times. When you see the brownish film just wipe it away with a handy tub-side towel used specifically for this job. Repeated purges will eliminate the last remnants of the bio-gunk you are trying to eliminate.
Thank you, yes the same particles.
Would leaving the product in the water overnight help to break down its bond to the plumbing?

Leaving the Ahh-Some in overnight or for a few days will certainly assist in the removal of those particulates.
we want you to periodically turn the jets on for a minute or so every few hours just to keep turbulence within the plumbing so it may loosen the grip of the bio-contaminants. If you see gunk accumulating on the shell be sure to wipe it off before it dries. This release of gunk has sugar molecules in it and can be extremely sticky and dfficult to remove if it is allowed to,dry on the surface. Keep a little free sanitizer in the tub while doing this. 1-2 ppm is fine for chlorine residual.
Be sure to use the TFP test kit or one comparable so you will achieve accurate chemical readings. For anyone reading this post. We implore you to throw away the test strips. They are not giving you accurate and very important readings. Amazing how many of the hot tub stores simply throw them in with the deal. Ask them to throw in a quality test kit. Please do the research. It will pay off in spades.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.