Ahh-Some Winter Pool Clarifier - Too Good to be true?

wildfan

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Orono, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm in the car today listening to a home improvement show on local radio station and the owner of Ahh-Some is a guest. Has anyone ever used the Winter Pool Clarifier? It's sounds like it would help my pool immensely for spring opening as it's always green and takes awhile to clear.

Thanks Everyone.

No, not me but my Son Jim, did the Gary Sullivan interview yesterday. The simple and easiest way for me to show you how effective the product is for the Winter is to have you go to the Amazon reviews. Look at them. These are not fake. The Ahh-Some Winter product has a unique blend of surfactants and clarifier components along with a few other proprietary carriers that does what Jim said. We offer a full money-back guarantee if not happy with the results. Now, there are things a pool-owner must do prior to covering. It is not just throw the Ahh-Some in and put the cover on. Ahh-Some works synergistically with any sanitizer. You need to super sanitize the pool as you normally have done, typically with liquid chlorine, unless it is a Baquacil Pool. For best results we recommend that you remove the leaves or other debris that may be in the water or on the floor. It is ok to add the typical winterizer liquid that you typically do but you won’t have to if you use the Ahh-Some. No need to hang dispensers or any of that nonsense. Mix the appropriate amount of Ahh-Some gel in a 5 gallon pail of pool water, let it dissolve and pour it around the pool perimeter. One 6 ounce jar treats 18-20K gallons. Ok to to overdose if the pool is smaller. In the Spring you will uncover to clearer water than ever before. If you use a mesh safety pool cover, you need to use the product.
Our Summer pool Ahh-Some Clarifier & Bio-Cleaner was our very first product. It still has an unbelievable following. Pool stores typically don’t sell the pool or winter Ahh-Some because they will miss out on the ancillary chemicals you won’t be buying. I know it sounds like a product that is too good to be true, but they both are. Ahh-Some works even better with SWG pools in Swim Season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Decoy205
No, not me but my Son Jim, did the Gary Sullivan interview yesterday. The simple and easiest way for me to show you how effective the product is for the Winter is to have you go to the Amazon reviews. Look at them. These are not fake. The Ahh-Some Winter product has a unique blend of surfactants and clarifier components along with a few other proprietary carriers that does what Jim said. We offer a full money-back guarantee if not happy with the results. Now, there are things a pool-owner must do prior to covering. It is not just throw the Ahh-Some in and put the cover on. Ahh-Some works synergistically with any sanitizer. You need to super sanitize the pool as you normally have done, typically with liquid chlorine. For best results we recommend that you remove the leaves or other debris that may be in the water or on the floor. It is ok to add the typical winterizer liquid that you typically do but you won’t have to if you use the Ahh-Some. No need to hang dispensers or any of that nonsense. Mix the appropriate amount of Ahh-Some gel in a 5 gallon pail of pool water, let it dissolve and pour it around the pool perimeter. One 6 ounce jar treats 18-20K gallons. Ok to to overdose if the pool is smaller. In the Spring you will uncover to clearer water than ever before. If you use a mesh safety pool cover, you need to use the product.
Our Summer pool Ahh-Some Clarifier & Bio-Cleaner was our very first product. It still has an unbelievable following. Pool stores typically don’t sell the pool or winter Ahh-Some because they will miss out on the ancillary chemicals you won’t be buying. I know it sounds like a product that is too good to be true, but they both are. Ahh-Some works even better with SWG pools in Swim Season.
Thank you Ahhsomeguy. Appreciate it. Read instructions and will give it a go!

@wildfan

Let me just state at the outset that I do appreciate the Ahhsome product line for its many different uses and it is an excellent product for hot tub and spa owners to use to help keep their plumbing squeaky clean. I use their clothes washing machine and dishwasher machine product for keeping those household items in tip-top shape. We've had quite an Ahhsome Cleaner "Fan Boy" thread going for a few weeks now on that subject.

But do realize that TFP Forum rules regarding users that are ITI ("in the industry") do require @Ahhsomeguy to provide Technical Support Only for anything that he sells. TFP is very clear that we can not and will not endorse products and @Ahhsomeguy is not allowed to use TFP as his personal sales vehicle. He has ALWAYS been respectful on this point and we appreciate that about him.

You are welcome to try any of his products and report back to this thread with your impressions and results. It's also fine to leave reviews elsewhere, like Amazon. From my basic knowledge of the product chemistry I can certainly say that this is not something that will harm your pool or equipment in any way if you choose to use it. In my opinion, I put it on par with folks that choose to use PolyQuat-60 during closing - it's not at all necessary but it can help in some circumstances and it definitely won't hurt anything.

Feel free to report back on your use.

JoyfulNoise,

Understood and thank you for that clarification/reminder of forum rules and etiquette.

The intent of my question was not to receive a sales pitch per se but to hopefully get a little more clarity on how it works and what is does beyond "The Ahh-Some Winter product has a unique blend of surfactants and clarifier components along with a few other proprietary carriers that does what Jim said".

Your opinion that "not at all necessary but definitely won't hurt anything" is helpful - I was hoping that if AhhSomeguy would provide more specifics about how it works, it might help clarify the "some circumstances" where it might actually be helpful.

I am unlikely to try this stuff unless I understand how it works and I can define a need for it.

Thanks.

Reactions: wildfan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.