Ahh-some question?

Sep 29, 2013
~Stockton, Ca
I was wondering what to do with the Ahh-some water. ?? :-(
The directions tell me, somewhat oddly, that it is septic tank safe but then say not to put it into inside or outside drains.
So what other kind of drains are there?

So I was wondering if I dumped it onto my grass:
would it kill the grass?
Would it kill, or make ill, any pet that was stupid enough to drink the stuff?

So I looked at the MSDS and it says, wait for it,
" Prevent entry into drains, sewers, and other waterways. Soak up with an absorbent material and place in an appropriate container for disposal."
and
"This product contains an ingredient that is toxic to fish, aquatic invertebrates, oysters and shrimp. Do not discharge
effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds estuaries, oceans or other waters unless in accordance with
the requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and permitting authority has
been notified in writing prior to discharge."
and
"P273: Avoid release to the environment"

So, I have a 400 gal HotTub/Spa full of something disposal of which appears to require a permit

Huhh?

Last edited:
You should drain the water on the grass. Ahh-Some will not harm any vegetation.

I was wondering what to do with the Ahh-some water. ?? :-(
The directions tell me, somewhat oddly, that it is septic tank safe but then say not to put it into inside or outside drains.
So what other kind of drains are there?

So I was wondering if I dumped it onto my grass:
would it kill the grass?
Would it kill, or make ill, any pet that was stupid enough to drink the stuff?

So I looked at the MSDS and it says, wait for it,
" Prevent entry into drains, sewers, and other waterways. Soak up with an absorbent material and place in an appropriate container for disposal."
and
"This product contains an ingredient that is toxic to fish, aquatic invertebrates, oysters and shrimp. Do not discharge
effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds estuaries, oceans or other waters unless in accordance with
the requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and permitting authority has
been notified in writing prior to discharge."
and
"P273: Avoid release to the environment"

So, I have a 400 gal HotTub/Spa full of something disposal of which appears to require a permit

Huhh?

- - - Updated - - -

Just drain the water on the ground, grass, flower bed or shrubs. The grass will actually love the biofilm that is in the water.

Hello Dsime42: You can simply drain the Ahh-some and the purged biofilm onto the lawn. It will not harm any vegetation.
you can also safely discharge the purged tub water into any drain that may go to a septic system or municipal water system. The amount of Ahh-Some used in your large hot tub is negligible after it is diluted. Since 1995 we have never had an incident where drained Ahh-Some affected any plants or animals. Because we are the only E.P.A. Registered hot tub plumbing cleaner we must publish the entire list of requirements, just like chlorine, bromine and Algaecide. Let me know how the "purge" went.

Just to be sure we have checked our printed instructions and we do not tell users that purged plumbing detritus and the dirty water cannot be drained in a household drain or any other drain. We have many thousands of jetted tub users and hot tub owners who have been dumping the purged tub water into household drains with zero complications. Our product is non acidic and cannot hurt plumbing or metal components. Not sure if we can direct consumers to our instructions on our website in this forum so, we will not in order to obey their rules. Hope this helps you.

I just bought your product today! Can't wait to try it!

Just to be sure we have checked our printed instructions and we do not tell users that purged plumbing detritus and the dirty water cannot be drained in a household drain or any other drain. We have many thousands of jetted tub users and hot tub owners who have been dumping the purged tub water into household drains with zero complications. Our product is non acidic and cannot hurt plumbing or metal components. Not sure if we can direct consumers to our instructions on our website in this forum so, we will not in order to obey their rules. Hope this helps you.

I built a french drain for my hot tub just out of convenience, which routes beside an ornamental cherry tree. I use a 10' hose from spa to drain :) . Anyway, the soup that gets introduced to the ground doesn't harm anything. chlorine (which you should be using with Ahh-some) is neutralized by the ground rather quickly. But I will also add that I have drained onto the grass too. I found that the water temperature is more likely to harm the grass than chlorine, and certainly not the Ahh-some product which I also regularly use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.