Apr 12, 2016
Kershaw, South Carolina
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So I thought I would try this Ahh-some you all talk about and was looking for correct directions. Went to the Ahh-some site and they dont even have it. One of their videos is called "How to purge your hot tub with Ahh-some" but it is not about Ahh-some but Aqua-clarity. So is there somewhere with a video of this NOT done by billy bob or someone??
Thanks
OK, I found this one, it is not on Ahh-somes website that I could find, but its the same guy.

Last edited:
Hello A.O. Just for clarification, we manufacture biofilm remedial products in a gel and a liquid. Based on the specific Ahh-Some product you purchase, there are directions that apply. Apparently, you did not go to our Ahhsome.com website for instructions as yiu have stated. We have all the detailed instructions for our products posted for consumer reference. You can also go to Youtube.com and simply search for Ahhsome. Within seconds you will see numerous videos of hot tubs and jetted bathtubs being bio-purged. The Aqua Clarity product you have spoken of can be used as a weekly maintenance product and a purge product when additional liquid is added at one time. They both work and purge equally well. The video you show in your post is my Son Jim, a decorated 20 year Naval Chief, illustrating in a step by step manner how to purge a hot tub using our traditional Ahh-Some Gel. Our website also shows a contact phone number that we answer 7 days a week and 365 days of the year. We will answer. We actually welcome your calls if you need assistance. A.O., I recommend that you call us if you have questions on using our products. We want you fully satisfied.

Reactions: Armor77
Hello A.O. Just for clarification, we manufacture biofilm remedial products in a gel and a liquid. Based on the specific Ahh-Some product you purchase, there are directions that apply. Apparently, you did not go to our Ahhsome.com website for instructions as yiu have stated. We have all the detailed instructions for our products posted for consumer reference. You can also go to Youtube.com and simply search for Ahhsome. Within seconds you will see numerous videos of hot tubs and jetted bathtubs being bio-purged. The Aqua Clarity product you have spoken of can be used as a weekly maintenance product and a purge product when additional liquid is added at one time. They both work and purge equally well. The video you show in your post is my Son Jim, a decorated 20 year Naval Chief, illustrating in a step by step manner how to purge a hot tub using our traditional Ahh-Some Gel. Our website also shows a contact phone number that we answer 7 days a week and 365 days of the year. We will answer. We actually welcome your calls if you need assistance. A.O., I recommend that you call us if you have questions on using our products. We want you fully satisfied.
Well I absolutely went to your website this morning and there was NOT a video on using the Ahh-some gel on an existing hot tub. There would be no reason for me to lie about it as you inferred!

So I did the purge exactly like the video I posted above and as I figured I did not get a whole lot of stuff out, but I did get some. The tub is not quite 2 years old and I keep it pristine so not a lot of stuff was built up in there. This was my first ever purge and it went pretty easy, once I found the video to watch.
The purge
IMG_8692.JPG

And the gunk
IMG_8695.JPG
IMG_8696.JPG

And my refill process
IMG_8699.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8698.JPG
    IMG_8698.JPG
    500.8 KB · Views: 18
I went to the Ahhsome website. The written instructions were very easy to find so I'm not sure where A.O. was looking.

As far as the video's, I agree with A.O.. If you looked hard enough, you can actually find the video where you are told 1 tsp per 125 gal of water but it's not until over 6 minutes of video about jetted tub cleaner and the "How to purge" video was using Aqua Clarity which doesn't help the gel user.

My suggestion to @Ahhsomeguy is that the video's get titled a bit more clearly as if I want info on Ahhsome gel, I don't want to watch a video on Aqua Clarity.

Love your gel and use it every purge, may sometime try Aqua Clarity but if I want info, I want it easy to locate.

Reactions: Newdude
We post written instructions on our website. They are very detailed. There are so many purge videos online with the Ahhsome we never really gave it some thought to add to the website. May be something we should do. Thank you for the observation. When using our Aqua Clarity on a weekly basis you will be blessed with crystal clear water and reduced decay rates of sanitizer when you start a hot after a successful purge. You still need to use a sanitizer with the Aqua Clarity. It works great with any and all sanitizers including Baquacil. A great benefit to using this product is that your plumbing will stay much cleaner and the need to purge is greatly reduced. I will make the recommendation to our web people about getting videos uploaded to the website. Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
I went to the Ahhsome website. The written instructions were very easy to find so I'm not sure where A.O. was looking.

As far as the video's, I agree with A.O.. If you looked hard enough, you can actually find the video where you are told 1 tsp per 125 gal of water but it's not until over 6 minutes of video about jetted tub cleaner and the "How to purge" video was using Aqua Clarity which doesn't help the gel user.

My suggestion to @Ahhsomeguy is that the video's get titled a bit more clearly as if I want info on Ahhsome gel, I don't want to watch a video on Aqua Clarity.

Love your gel and use it every purge, may sometime try Aqua Clarity but if I want info, I want it easy to locate.
I have the written instructions on the jar, was looking for a how to video. They have a bunch of how to videos but not with using the gel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.