AGP skimmer for 2" PVC and possible cavitation

Kjingram821

Aug 5, 2020
Cincinnati
Does anyone know if there's an AGP skimmer available which will attach directly to 2" PVC? I've got a Radiant Metric semi AGP currently running a 1.5HP Harris proforce with a Hayward ProSeries 27" top mount sand filter. I've got everything plumbed in 2", except the pipe at the skimmer and a small section after my chlorinator. The only thing I could find to fit were 1 1/2 black Hayward union connectors. The pipe goes to 2" before a 45 approximately 12" below the skimmer bottom. I'm wondering if I have enough volume of water. The pool came with 1 return, but I've added a second. When both are open fully, the filter runs about 12 PSI, but I can hear some caviation either in the chlorinator or directly after my chlorinator, before the return lines split. I also had to use 1.5 PVC after the chlorinator as I couldn't find any 2" unions. Closing either of the returns eliminates the noise/cavitation. I may re-work the 1.5 PVC after the chlorinator, but was debating going to 2" PVC at the skimmer as well, if possible. If so, I need to do it before I pour concrete around the pool. So, does anyone know of a 2" outlet small mouth skimmer? Is the noise I'm hearing (sort of a rattle/scraping) cavitation in the pipe or chlorinator? skimmer.jpgfilter01.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.