AGP Pump Recommendation

What problems do you think you had with the one you were using?

Well, when I first started it up the pump motor is leaking. Then when we are trying to vacuum the pool (it was literally a frog pond) The cover that I used for the past two seasons is a drain through cover. So it was full of tad poles prior to removing. While removing we noticed that the inside of the pool was full of tadpoles too. We got out as many as possible and put in our garden pond. I threw in two bags of shock to eliminate what was left. But now when we go to vacuum, the vacuum does not get suction to vacuum. It may for <5 mins. We checked the hose to make sure that there was nothing blocking it. It just won't vacuum(catch the prime and hold it). I don't know what all is on the bottom, the water is literally Crud brown. :(

This is the pump we have. It is leaking from the right of the white pipe. It did this last year, but once it got going it stopped. So I returned the one I had intended to replace it with then. So I don't know if it is an actual pump issue or not.

61729863_10155953759166386_4324951892917485568_n.jpg

That is the pump I would have recommended, maybe the 2 speed version. Are you sure your filter is not clogging up from the muck in your pool and that is why it seems the pump is not working?

You can't vacuum it all out. You have to manually scoop it all out first.

There’s not a whole lot on the bottom. We did scoop what fell in off the cover. But the vacuum isn’t even starting before you can get to the bottom to begin. You get the hose all full of water and when you go to place it over the skimmer hole, the pump loses the suction. Never had issues with it before. I’m going to recheck the vacuum hose. Maybe a pine cone is stuck up in it.

Same pump I have in 2 speed. Are you using the "vacuum plate" that covers the skimmer hole or sticking the hose straight into the hole on the bottom? I never had any luck with the plate thingy. And it definitely needs to be scooped before it is vacuumed.

Same pump I have in 2 speed. Are you using the "vacuum plate" that covers the skimmer hole or sticking the hose straight into the hole on the bottom? I never had any luck with the plate thingy. And it definitely needs to be scooped before it is vacuumed.

No, we have an adapter that we have to screw into the hole for the return and then place the hose over that. The pump runs/circulates until we put the hose over the adapter to be able to start vacuuming. The hose is full of water, like we always do. As soon as we put the hose over the adapter. Its like the pump won't keep the flow going so we can vacuum. There is not a bunch of stuff on the bottom, more like fine silt like, since we use a drain through cover.

No, we have an adapter that we have to screw into the hole for the return and then place the hose over that. The pump runs/circulates until we put the hose over the adapter to be able to start vacuuming. The hose is full of water, like we always do and before attaching it to the adaptor we let the suction of the pump pull the water through the hose as well. As soon as we put the hose over the adapter. Its like the pump won't keep the flow going so we can vacuum. A few times it would vaccum, but then stop after 3-5 mins. There is not a bunch of stuff on the bottom, more like fine silt like, since we use a drain through cover. I won't get another cover like that. Even though the traditional tarp like cover is more of a pain, because I have to drain it before we can remove it. At least my water is clear when I open up the pool.

That is the pump I would have recommended, maybe the 2 speed version. Are you sure your filter is not clogging up from the muck in your pool and that is why it seems the pump is not working?

You can't vacuum it all out. You have to manually scoop it all out first.
It's actually been a good pump, very quite and it's only 3-4 yrs old if that. It started leaking a little last year and I thought it was needing an impeller or seal replaced, but it stopped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.