AGP Out of Round

MVK

May 26, 2022
Pennsylvania
Tried to search around online and only got a few hits, one an old thread here about 2” out of round and another saying 24’ pool shape could be 23’ one direction and 25’ another direction and it won’t matter.

I am in process of putting up used pool, have the walls up, everything is within 1/2” level and uprights are plumb. Somewhere along the way I’ve gotten out of round, if that makes sense. About 24’2” in one direction (3-9 on a clock face) and 23’7” in the other direction (12-6 on a clock face). I am going to try to work on it a bit, but is there a tolerance that it should be within for everything to work out alright?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Looks like you are very close - maybe about 5 inches or so? I don't see how that would be a major issue. Curious though, are those measurements from the base or at the top rails? Regardless of how plumb the poles look, it's not uncommon for the top rails to be slightly out of round just because of all those variables across the entire pool.

Do u have any pics? Of the whole area from multiple sides as well as the most noticeable defects.
Is the ring (base plate) at the bottom out of round?

Those were the top rails, I will head out today and measure at the bottom, thanks for the tip.

Should I worry about the top being slightly larger than 24’ or should the liner (unibead, j-hook over top edge) give it some play?

Finally was able to get out to measure the bottom rails this morning (had some rain this week).

12-6 measurement was 23’10-1/2”
9-3 measurement was 24’1”
The other diagonals were roughly 23’11”

Will be re-smoothing sand today and ensuring uprights are plumb again. Hoping to get the liner in tomorrow. Should I be alternating sides on the install? Like putting up the 12:00 position then 6:00 then 3:00 then 9:00 the between 12:00 and 3:00 and so on?

Like putting up the 12:00 position then 6:00 then 3:00 then 9:00 the between 12:00 and 3:00 and so on?
That would seem to be logical, but in full disclosure I've not have to install a large liner. Hopefully you have another set of hands or two to assist.

That is a great method! Do your best to keep the liner centered in the pool. You kind of attach it temporarily so u can easily adjust as u go.
Let the seams be your guide.
Be sure the coping seam is the same distance from the coping all the way around the pool.
Here’s a more detailed video of the process. It is an overlap liner but the idea is the same.
The liner install part begins at about 9:50

Reactions: MVK
Make sure all of the uprights can move freely on the patio blocks because they're going to move when you fill it. Some may move a lot.

I'd expect it to fix it self to an extent just because of how a round pool works.

Keep us posted on how it goes 👍🏻
Seeing the liner filling with water is definitely the most rewarding part & makes all the hard work seem worth it 😊We are rooting for u!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skimmer cut in, pump/filter hooked up, ladder placed. Gonna let it run another 90 minutes or so then cut it for the night. Back at it by 8am tomorrow and hoping will be full by time kids get home from last full day of school!

Attachments

• 8DF79071-8139-4CD0-8A63-E07CF38B3C1E.jpeg
    8DF79071-8139-4CD0-8A63-E07CF38B3C1E.jpeg
    674.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
Reactions: Mdragger88
Little nervous about filling when I’m not around/awake for various reasons, though i guess with it almost full my worries about liner not fully stretching or pulling away from the wall are probably in the past. Just will ease my mind to turn it off overnight I suppose.

Need to get about one more step level until full.

Attachments

• 8A7F04D7-CCF9-4D14-910B-E86E516898AD.jpeg
    8A7F04D7-CCF9-4D14-910B-E86E516898AD.jpeg
    644.6 KB · Views: 5
I agree , A myriad of things could happen - best to rest easy & begin again in the am.
We Ride Lets Go GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Looks like some leaks around my wide mouth skimmer. Installed the butterfly gasket on metal wall as instructed, lined up faceplate inside pool, poked hole through liner from the inside, lined up the basket outside and screwed together. Cut liner out.

Are leaks typically caused by needing to tighten more? Got in the pool and screws seem to be tough as I could get them. Also seems to be leaking where widemouth meets the basket. I fear I’m going to have to take the face Mount off and lose an inch of water or so.

Butterfly gaskets are not normally my thing, but I found the following that may help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.