AGP - How many seasons did you get out of your pump?

May 7, 2017
Northern NJ
I have an aquapro 2hp / 2 speed canister pump/filter from poolfactory. This one - AquaPro 2HP 2-SPEED PurFlow Pool Pump w/ TEFC Motor as this system - AquaPro 190 Cartridge Filter System - APF190PRO

It was a great pump for the 4 seasons it worked. I am wondering if I should just buy the replacement pump ($400) to possibly only get another 3/4yrs or switch to a better known brand such as Hayward or Pentair? If I switch, I will need to get the complete setup again (pump and filter) because the Aquapro canister filter has a conector the pool stores (who sell pentair and hayward) have never seen.

Not sure, it was making a totally different noise and hubby told me to order another one. I assume he looked it over to see if it could be fixed but I will have my father look at it. His pool boy buddy told him they don't last that long but then other pool owners were telling me they have haywards going 8 seasons.

My Pentair went 7 seasons, it started leaking middle of season 6... Changed out the O rings and seal and threw a VS motor on it and hopefully get another 10 to 15 years out of it :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.