AGP 18x33, question about uprights

kupcak3

May 3, 2024
PA
Hello everyone! Im in the process of building my 18x33 AGP. My question is the uprights themselves, once assembled do not sit level, the bottom channel of the upright is slightly concaved that once set on the pavers they can rock side to side slightly. Is this normal until they are backfilled and tied together with plates?

b47abf03-83ea-45e5-b4d5-66711f2133cd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What type pool is this? Manufacturer and model, please. Would like to have a look at the install instructions.

I’m confused by the closest upright on the right side of the photo… it looks like the upright isn’t on the block but is floating, while the end of the brace is on the block.

I have a link to the instructions. It's a Fiesta, I purchased from Leslie's Pools.

The one section about tightening the uprights only states
"In order to ensure that the steel upright and the channels are at right angles during the assembly, push the ends of the steel upright and the channels and tighten the bolts at the same time. First, tighten the bolts of the channels by maintaining a good pressure. For the screws on the steel upright and gussets, sufficiently tighten the bolts to let the screws exceed 1/8“."
But that's more pertaining to the right angel, but is it possible they were over tightening causing the bottom channel to bow slightly?

Sorry about the picture, there is an extra block laying beside the upright you're referring too, I didn't have the area cleaned up when I took the picture. My son has toys and balls laying around the far end, lol

There’s something wonky about your uprights, but I can’t tell what it is. For your concern about the bottom channel, you would need to take a closeup photo of that area so we can see what you mean. But the way your uprights bow out doesn’t look like image 7 in the instructions - you can see that they are perpendicular to the ground in that photo.

My uprights are NOT perfectly set yet regarding their positioning. I may be confusing what I'm trying to ask. When the uprights are assembled, there are 2 channels that overlap and go together which form the bottom beam that gets buried under the pool. The bottom channel is not perfectly flat, so when set on a flat surface it can rock side to side. Referring to the channels in image 10 of the attached photo. So when the vertical portion was attached it is noticeable that the bottom channel is not 'flat' but slightly bows outward that it does not sit perfectly flat without tilting to one side or the other.

Is this normal until you set them in the ground and backfill around while ensuring they are straight up and down?

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    233.5 KB · Views: 4
So every single bottom channel is shaped exactly the same? If so, I would assume it’s intentional and will be fine when the pool when filled. You also could call Leslie’s to see if they have any insight or can connect you with manufacturer.