Aggregate Concrete Pool Deck Sealer

Feb 19, 2017
Annapolis
I am looking to clean and seal my aggregate pool deck. Was built in 2007 and neglected by previous owner. There are no serious cracks but the concrete tends to absorb dirt and look tired. I would like to seal it w/ something that will help me keep it clean but not be too slippery. Any suggestions from the group?

Thanks!!!

Hi,
there are several good sealers on the market.

I also have exposed aggregate and I used a solvent based glossy finish sealer from Home Depot. Its called Eagle, and available Online Only.
Going on year 5 with it, and it still looks ok. Im sure I'll have to re-seal it next year though, but at 5 or so years, Im happy with it.

Divin Dave, can you be more specific? there seem to be a lot of eagle sealers. was the one you used acrylic? reason i'm asking is because i thought salt pools and acrylic sealers dont get along well. thanks.

I would recommend a silane/siloxane-based sealer. These form a waterproof barrier just below the surface and therefore are not shiny or slippery. I like Prosoco products, but they can be difficult to find (brick yards, specialty masonry stores, etc.). They have an effective service life of 7-10 years. If you buy something from Lowes or Home Depot just make sure it is silane/siloxane-based.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.