Again... more bleach?

JJ is giving you some info regarding runtime and SWG results, but runtime is more for pool filtering and skimming and cleaning. You need to satisfy those first, then if that's also enough runtime for your SWG, then you're good. If not, then you up runtime until you have enough hours to produce the chlorine your pool requires. It's a little daunting, because there are a lot of variables and no two pools have the same set of variables, which is why there is no hard and fast formula (as the pool store would have you believe). You just have to fool with both runtime and SWG % until you get it right. And it also gets a bit trickier because the variables change with the seasons. So your runtime and SWG % will be different for different times of the year. That's what Dude meant by "20/40/60/40/20" (see post #4). That's how his SWG % changes throughout his swim season. Mine is different, but has a similar curve. And we got those numbers through a year or two of trial and error. But eventually we (and you) figure these numbers out. And while you'll continue to adjust these number a bit indefinitely, you'll eventually have this starting point basis that will make this task easier.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Do you use the Pool Math app? It has a notes feature. I make a note of when I change my SWG settings, which captures the date. So I can go back and see what I did the previous swim season. App or no, keeping track of your settings and the date you change them will get you to your own "secret formula" faster...

Do you use the Pool Math app? It has a notes feature. I make a note of when I change my SWG settings, which captures the date. So I can go back and see what I did the previous swim season. App or no, keeping track of your settings and the date you change them will get you to your own "secret formula" faster...
Yes, I use the Pool Math app. I hadn't seen the Note section. I will start to use this, thanks.
JJ is giving you some info regarding runtime and SWG results, but runtime is more for pool filtering and skimming and cleaning. You need to satisfy those first, then if that's also enough runtime for your SWG, then you're good. If not, then you up runtime until you have enough hours to produce the chlorine your pool requires. It's a little daunting, because there are a lot of variables and no two pools have the same set of variables, which is why there is no hard and fast formula (as the pool store would have you believe). You just have to fool with both runtime and SWG % until you get it right. And it also gets a bit trickier because the variables change with the seasons. So your runtime and SWG % will be different for different times of the year. That's what Dude meant by "20/40/60/40/20" (see post #4). That's how his SWG % changes throughout his swim season. Mine is different, but has a similar curve. And we got those numbers through a year or two of trial and error. But eventually we (and you) figure these numbers out. And while you'll continue to adjust these number a bit indefinitely, you'll eventually have this starting point basis that will make this task easier.
The pool is screened and does not get a lot of debris. The pump running time had more to do with the SWG producing enough chlorine. I will follow the guidelines and write back if I have questions/problems.

I have finished my SLAM process. I would like to ask how I should properly adjust the chlorine level and the number of hours to run the pump. This is an area that I have not done properly in the past, leading to the need for a SLAM.
I wanted to share a picture of how beautiful the water is. Thank you team for all tour help!

Attachments

• 09BE354A-2EB6-480E-9CD6-C914121CBB37.jpeg
    09BE354A-2EB6-480E-9CD6-C914121CBB37.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 17
PoolMath can help you calculate the SWG % in the "Effects Of Adding" section. The Hayward T-15 shows a 1.47lb output in 24hrs (according to PoolMath)

For your 16k gallon pool, with 8 hour pump run time ... your T-15 cell cannot generate 4ppm of Chlorine, since the cal results in 109%.

Just play with the run time until you get to a reasonable SWG %, and you should be good!

1599063912219.png

Reactions: wille
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.