Aftermath.

Also, please don't beach your cargo ship bringing reinformemts (if applicable). We learned last time that it was no beano to choke 1000 others off from making their deliveries.

TIA.

Reactions: JamesW
Hah... luckily I survived this year in TX. I had a scare when the pool temp dropped to 31 and ice started forming on the surface. I decided to try my JXI 400N heater to warm it to 42 and it was throwing all kinds of codes. After cleaning the sensors and clearing the codes ("All 3 buttons for 5 seconds), the codes cleared and it fired right up. My buddy was having the same issue, with his 400N and was able to replicate what I did. After that, the pool sat at 42. Yesterday afternoon I shut down the system once it hit 40 outside temp (after 96 hours).

Just a few minor leaks that I have been fighting for a year now, nothing major (mainly just Drain plug leaks and a hairline crack on my heater manifold from when it cracked 3 years ago and I epoxy'd it back together). The one advantage of the freeze is that you see any small leaks. I have a spare heater manifold and gasket set for it, took a year to acquire it, but I am waiting till it is needed.

Reactions: JamesW
Also if you survived, be extra cautious the next few months as the market for “used” pumps and equipment can entice theft.

After the 2021 storms one of our neighbors had her pumps stolen in a matter of minutes by pros. One guy knocked on the door to distract her while the other cut out her pumps in a matter of minutes. She got it all on camera and the cops traced the van to being a stolen rental van. They were never caught and likely had a van full of stolen pool equipment.

She also missed most of the swim season as the replacement pumps were on back order for several months through the legit channels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.