Aftermarket Salt Cells

Bob H

Aug 14, 2009
Jersey Shore
Looking for some input on after market salt cells to replace my 10 year old Hayward T-15. Are there any that stand out as being as good or close to the Hayward brand? The Hayward T-15 is pricey compared to most aftermarket units, but then again is it a case of you get what you pay for. Need some help from the forum. I see where many units are plug and play which is a plus.

Nope.

You get what you pay for in cell life and warranty.

Ten years seems pretty amazing. I have a Jandy SWCG and I don't think I have ever made it to five years without having to replace it. I did buy a generic brand last year - we will see how long I get out of that.

Our pool was installed in 2012 using a Hayward T-Cell15. It gave up the ghost this Spring. I consider us very fortunate to have had 10 years of service from it. When I saw the current prices for a replacement Hayward cell, I was in shock. $900! o_O I started looking at generic cells. However, when you read the fine print none of those that I looked at work with the Hayward automation systems (OmniLogic and ProLogic). Kind of defeats the purpose of my ProLogic system. So, I bit the bullet and bought a Hayward T-Cell15. I'll start saving my money to buy a replacement cell in 2033 for $1,600. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88
Our pool was installed in 2012 using a Hayward T-Cell15. It gave up the ghost this Spring. I consider us very fortunate to have had 10 years of service from it. When I saw the current prices for a replacement Hayward cell, I was in shock. $900! o_O I started looking at generic cells. However, when you read the fine print none of those that I looked at work with the Hayward automation systems (OmniLogic and ProLogic). Kind of defeats the purpose of my ProLogic system. So, I bit the bullet and bought a Hayward T-Cell15. I'll start saving my money to buy a replacement cell in 2033 for $1,600. :rolleyes:
Just dont put that money in 401K..

You sure about them not working? I just purchased an Optimum version of the Hayward t-cell-15 to install in my OmniPL system. Though I haven’t installed it yet, I spoke with discountsaltpool and they said it does work with the system. Optimum states on their website as well that it is compatible.

I have had great luck with generic t-15 cells. I have a CircuPool unit that's also rebranded by I don't know how many other manufacturers. My first CircuPool cell lasted 6 years in Florida. My second cell, a generic "Crystal Pure" unit made by the same manufacturer as my CircuPool cell, is now on its last legs at 5 years old. You just have to be careful about which one you buy.

You sure about them not working? I just purchased an Optimum version of the Hayward t-cell-15 to install in my OmniPL system. Though I haven’t installed it yet, I spoke with discountsaltpool and they said it does work with the system. Optimum states on their website as well that it is compatible.
As I recall I looked at 3 generic cells. After going to the respective websites, they said that they worked with AquaRite and some other dedicated salt systems, but embedded near the end of the description was a sentence which said that they do not work with Omnilogic or Prologic.

Good luck with the Optimum cell...it is certainly a significant cost savings. I would be interested to hear how it holds up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had great luck with generic t-15 cells. I have a CircuPool unit that's also rebranded by I don't know how many other manufacturers. My first CircuPool cell lasted 6 years in Florida. My second cell, a generic "Crystal Pure" unit made by the same manufacturer as my CircuPool cell, is now on its last legs at 5 years old. You just have to be careful about which one you buy.
This is good to hear - I have a pureline crystal pure t15 replacement coming today hopefully 🤞

As I recall I looked at 3 generic cells. After going to the respective websites, they said that they worked with AquaRite and some other dedicated salt systems, but embedded near the end of the description was a sentence which said that they do not work with Omnilogic or Prologic.

Good luck with the Optimum cell...it is certainly a significant cost savings. I would be interested to hear how it holds up.
Pro logic is listed on the description as compatible. The 10k hr cell life & see through cell are nice but it only has a 1 year warranty so I went with the pureline crystal pure w/ a 2 yr warranty. I just have a goldline aquarite, no automation, and I am replacing an old optimum simple cell. Unfortunately I have no clue how old it is or how long it actually lasted (hand me down system).

I have a Calimar T-15 cell being delivered today. I think it was $349. It's only the 1-year version, but I believe it's the same cell as the 2yr and 3yr versions. The only difference is you're paying more for a longer warranty period. If the cell lasts at least 1 year, I'm pretty sure it will last 4-5 as my prior cells have. I looked at import data, and the manufacturer is the same one that made my Circupool cell, and my last Crystal Pure cell, both of which lasted 5 years. The manufacturer is also associated with the brands Pureline, Blueworks, Circupool, XtremePower, Crystal Pure and a number of others. As I said before, I've had a great experience with cells made by this particular manufacturer.

I have a Calimar T-15 cell being delivered today. I think it was $349. It's only the 1-year version, but I believe it's the same cell as the 2yr and 3yr versions. The only difference is you're paying more for a longer warranty period. If the cell lasts at least 1 year, I'm pretty sure it will last 4-5 as my prior cells have. I looked at import data, and the manufacturer is the same one that made my Circupool cell, and my last Crystal Pure cell, both of which lasted 5 years. The manufacturer is also associated with the brands Pureline, Blueworks, Circupool, XtremePower, Crystal Pure and a number of others. As I said before, I've had a great experience with cells made by this particular manufacturer.
I almost went with that one for the price- my deterrent with calimar swgs is that I couldn’t get any output info on them (actual #/day) & had no luck with contacting them directly, no one at pool supply unlimited or any other calimar retailer I called had that information either, although they did their best to help.
The pureline T15 replacement advertises a 2.1 #/ day output (more than everyone else’s) which will hopefully be helpful for my larger pool. If I were buying a new system I would go with a 60k pureline or circupool but I was “gifted” this old aquarite so I’m stuck with replacement cells for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.