After new VS pump installation - leak exposed?

Apr 27, 2017
Miami FL
I recently installed a new VS pump. I did my own plumbing, it was in and out, an easy job.

I'm losing water, for December in South Florida I don't recall evaporation to be an issue in past seasons.

I don't see any evident leaks on the new connections. Nor I see watermarks or any puddles near the pump area.

Is it possible that running the VS at low speeds is making an existing leak more evident? I see bubbles on the return only while at low speed, when I crank up the speed no bubbles are seen.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thnx!

Do you have a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG)? They produce bubbles of hydrogen that are evident when running at low speeds. You can do a leak test to see of you have a leak.

Reactions: southflorida427
Do you have a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG)? They produce bubbles of hydrogen that are evident when running at low speeds. You can do a leak test to see of you have a leak.

I do have an SGW.
I will do the bucket test in the afternoon.
Thnx for the suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.