After new VS pump installation - leak exposed?

southflorida427

Apr 27, 2017
Miami FL
I recently installed a new VS pump. I did my own plumbing, it was in and out, an easy job.

I'm losing water, for December in South Florida I don't recall evaporation to be an issue in past seasons.

I don't see any evident leaks on the new connections. Nor I see watermarks or any puddles near the pump area.

Is it possible that running the VS at low speeds is making an existing leak more evident? I see bubbles on the return only while at low speed, when I crank up the speed no bubbles are seen.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thnx!

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Do you have a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG)? They produce bubbles of hydrogen that are evident when running at low speeds. You can do a leak test to see of you have a leak.

Reactions: southflorida427

southflorida427

Apr 27, 2017
Miami FL
Do you have a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG)? They produce bubbles of hydrogen that are evident when running at low speeds. You can do a leak test to see of you have a leak.

I do have an SGW.
I will do the bucket test in the afternoon.
Thnx for the suggestions.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

No magic at all.. The SWCG produces small bubbles that you just do not see when using a single speed pump, due to the large amount of water flow..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: southflorida427
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.