Feb 21, 2021
Tulsa Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! It’s my first post!
We live in Oklahoma and just experienced 2 weeks of below freezing temperatures. Our pool ran the whole time. We were completely frozen up to 5 inches in some places. We lost our chlorinator in the freeze. So we know we have some repairs. The past 2 days have been sunny and 40! So lots of evaporation and melt. We have been running the filter and bubblers higher to keep the water moving! We still have a large thick layer of ice but it’s slowly disappearing!!! Last night our water level was about 1 in into the tile so I was expecting to fill it today but we woke up to the water level being barely below the skimmer and our pumps were whining. I immediately shut them down and got a hose in the pool to start filling it. I’m not sure if this means we have a leak or it was evaporation plus the weight of thick ice levels????? I have had pools my whole life and have never experienced anything like this. Our pool builders have been great but they also have never seen this type of weather wreak havoc!
Any info is appreciated!!!

Welcome to TFP.

Could be normal evaporation or may a leak. Hard to tell without knowing more about the specific air temperatures, water temperatures, and wind speeds. Read...

Reactions: Jbgo3419
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.