After 15+ years, I finally bought a pool cleaner - Dolphin E20

May 2, 2008
I bought a Dolphin E20 from Marina PSP! I can't wait to get it, try it out and see if my pool maintenance life becomes easier.

I've been a pool owner since 2005. I've always manually vacuumed our pool out. It wasn't the worst task in the world but there would be plenty of times where I really didn't want to clean or I had to clean because of needing to use the pool. Our pool needs vacuuming at least twice a week and honestly probably needs it every other day or sometimes every day when we have storms. Plus, I keep our pool open throughout the year.

After the past month of fighting with the pool, I decided to research automated cleaners. I was pretty ignorant on all pool cleaners and after my research I decided to get a Dolphin E20 or E30 robot cleaner. I was able to talk with someone at Marina PSP and ordered the E20 mainly because it was in stock and cheaper. The guy I spoke with answered all of my questions and I feel good about the purchase.

There are mixed opinions on whether or not one should leave it in the pool. Yes, you can leave it in and set up the automated timer but is this really good for the robot over the long haul? Any thoughts from other Dolphin owners?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, dragging my feet to get one, but I need to. Maybe Santa will get me one this year. :) I'm OCD about leaving things in the pool, so even if they say it's okay, me personally I'd probably pull it out. I'm just weird that way. :crazy:

Name? You know all robots need a name.

Reactions: SCpoolOwner
Yes, you can leave it in and set up the automated timer but is this really good for the robot over the long haul? Any thoughts from other Dolphin owners?
My Active20 has lived in the pool for the last 4+ years excluding times we are away from the house for more than a week or two. It is faded. The cord is getting a bit grainy. But it works like new!

I bought a Dolphin E20 from Marina PSP! I can't wait to get it, try it out and see if my pool maintenance life becomes easier.

I've been a pool owner since 2005. I've always manually vacuumed our pool out. It wasn't the worst task in the world but there would be plenty of times where I really didn't want to clean or I had to clean because of needing to use the pool. Our pool needs vacuuming at least twice a week and honestly probably needs it every other day or sometimes every day when we have storms. Plus, I keep our pool open throughout the year.

After the past month of fighting with the pool, I decided to research automated cleaners. I was pretty ignorant on all pool cleaners and after my research I decided to get a Dolphin E20 or E30 robot cleaner. I was able to talk with someone at Marina PSP and ordered the E20 mainly because it was in stock and cheaper. The guy I spoke with answered all of my questions and I feel good about the purchase.

There are mixed opinions on whether or not one should leave it in the pool. Yes, you can leave it in and set up the automated timer but is this really good for the robot over the long haul? Any thoughts from other Dolphin owners?
I have had mine for a year and a half he stays in the pool pretty much every day and every night. Kids are grown and we rarely swim but enjoy sitting outside around it.
I do clean the swivel every 3 or 4 months. Easy and usually dry but I add a dab of pool lube where the cable twist and toss her back in.
My dog things it’s an alien when it cleans the tile so I have it
In automation mode and run it at 5am :)

Reactions: SCpoolOwner
Have you ever hand vacuumed your pool, really took your time, moved slowly and cleaned every speck of debris? Remember the look of your beautifully cleaned pool at night with the pool light on and how good you felt of a job well done. Then while you were sleeping, late that night the wind picks up and you wake up to find your pool bottom full of debris, remember how that felt? :rant:
That all goes away with a bot and the push of a button. Life is beautiful. :cheers:

I'm in the same boat, dragging my feet to get one, but I need to. Maybe Santa will get me one this year. :) I'm OCD about leaving things in the pool, so even if they say it's okay, me personally I'd probably pull it out. I'm just weird that way. :crazy:

2 words “ get one” you won’t regret it except wondering what you can do to the pool today :)

Reactions: Texas Splash

I'll have to see how I feel after using it on whether I'll leave it in or not. A couple of posters below don't seem to have any real issues with it.

As for a name, I'll pick one out when I find out if a boy or a girl arrives! :giggle:

Reactions: Texas Splash
I have had mine for a year and a half he stays in the pool pretty much every day and every night. Kids are grown and we rarely swim but enjoy sitting outside around it.
I do clean the swivel every 3 or 4 months. Easy and usually dry but I add a dab of pool lube where the cable twist and toss her back in.
My dog things it’s an alien when it cleans the tile so I have it
In automation mode and run it at 5am :)
Awesome! Do you leave your robot in the pool year-round? I'd probably run mine sometime in the early or mid morning.

Have you ever hand vacuumed your pool, really took your time, moved slowly and cleaned every speck of debris? Remember the look of your beautifully cleaned pool at night with the pool light on and how good you felt of a job well done. Then while you were sleeping, late that night the wind picks up and you wake up to find your pool bottom full of debris, remember how that felt? :rant:
Yes, to your questions! It's beyond frustrating at times.
That all goes away with a bot and the push of a button. Life is beautiful. :cheers:
That's what I'm looking forward to, the push of a button and two hours later, done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got mine and love it! I spoil her though, only use twice a week and keep her in the AC, on soft pads, upside down when not in use. Wife thinks I’m nuts!

Attachments

• 323290AC-F35E-4882-8470-60E62E05E600.jpeg
    323290AC-F35E-4882-8470-60E62E05E600.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Haha
Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.