Advice on where to buy replacement SWG (or who to avoid buying it from)

Jun 3, 2013
Hi,
Need to replace my Hayward T15 cell. Amazon has the Hayward Goldline T-Cell-15 TurboCell and price looks pretty similar to other sellers. There's a lot of reviews on there from people who had issues with their cell and said it was a nightmare getting support from Hayward even though the unit was still under warranty. Before buying, figured I would post in the forum to see where others had bought their SWGs and if they had any problems.

Thanks!

I think a lot of folks are using Discount Salt Pool. I bought a new CircuPool system last year from them. Currently (literally just contacted them a few hours ago) with a tech support issue that I'll let you know how that goes. They had a live chat which didn't seem to be a bot at all, a very polite guy who gave me basic pointers and said their tech support crew is available tomorrow. I think many folks go seaons without issues, unfortunately this is my 2nd season and my generator seems upset over something. So I'll update you when my issue is resolved.

I too am looking for a replacement cell for my Hayward Swim Pure Plus. I also contacted Discount Salt Pool for a question I had. My cell is a T-CELL-15-SWP. Most of the ones I see that are more generic are the T-CELL-15. I am not sure if this is a specific model for the SWP or not. I am waiting on a call back from them so we'll see if they know. Are you considering any cells from companies other than Hayward?

Alright, so I contacted Discount Salt Pool & attempted to contact CircuPool's tech support. Interesting to know the CircuPool tech support # is answered as "Discount Salt Pool". That gives me the ASSUMPTION that Discount Salt Pool is CircuPool's business front for selling their units.

Please note that my issue has not be resolved yet, but I'm very satisfied with the support given so far. There is supposed to be a new control box in the mail to get my unit up and going again soon. I'll update later when there is more progress.

I think I got mine from Pool Supply World about 3 years ago.... I think all these online retailers are kinda the same. Just keep an eye out for who is offering what coupon. ;) My biggest challenge was confirming what exactly they were selling since they have or I should say had several flavors of TCell-15's I wanted to make sure I got an OEM product .. not a replacement third party bargain unit.

Thanks for all the info. I checked out Discount Salt Pool and they had the Hayward but was a few bucks more expensive so I ended up buying it (and a booster pump) from Pool Supply World. And I did get $20 off with a coupon! The cell I'm replacing lasted about 9 years so figured I would stick with an OEM replacement and keep fingers crossed that the new one has similar longevity.

goldmanaz, if you haven't purchased yet, give them a look. The Hayward TCell-15 was $499 with free shipping and they put it in the mail a couple hours after I ordered. Fedex says will be here Thursday. I think the coupon I used was SAVES20.

Reactions: goldmanaz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.