LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm baaaack.. After much consideration on my part and input from the forum I'm ready to commit to this setup, PNCC0150OP2160, from Pentair. Just discovered it is discontinued. Anybody see a problem with that? The fact that it's discontinued not whether I've selected wisely...that ship has sailed....:lol::lol:

thanks

Last edited:
Are you getting any kind of warranty with it?

You may find replacement parts harder to find on it (I would suggest getting two cartridges for the filter body so you can quickly swap them out and clean the dirty one while allowing the system to still operate). Other than warranty issues, the components should be easily fixable by you as-needed.

I would not let that be a deciding factor, unless the reason it was being discontinued was because of problems with that model. But if you've checked reviews and are happy, then go for it. I personally buy many items at the end of their model year or product life for the value (cars, stereos, tvs, ...). I would think parts would be available for years to come as I would expect that there are a lot of these out there. I want to move to cartridge system next season, and personally would not let the discontinued issue be a deciding factor unless I could get the new model for essentially the same price.

But would as Matt said get a 2nd cartridge to make maintaining it quicker and easier.

That's what I thought. Pentair is very reliable, from what I understand. And the reviews sre pretty good as well. The idea about the additional cartridge filters is a good one. Let me check into that, so I can get the entire setup together...

Thanks for the input...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.