Rogers, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I had to drain my pool to tile some steps, it’s now dry, cleaned and ready to fill back up.

Any tips on chemicals to balance first once it’s filled.
Filling with city water, so I tested it for PH and Calcium.
PH-8.0
TA-70
hardness-100

1. Should I Adjust PH before adding Salt?

2. Is there a certain order of adding or balancing first?

Test your water and post your results. From that we can provide guidance.

Salt will come last once all other parameters are settled. Keep FC up to target level during the process with liquid chlorine.

Reactions: mjpohl
mj,

I see you're pretty new to TFP, welcome aboard! How old is the pool? There's not really a special order to test but a full set of test results are needed. Please post them as soon you can and our experts will weigh in. We need to see the total picture to advise. For example if your CYA is way high that needs to be addressed just to get the FC at a workable level. There are other examples like this that will drive the recommendations.

Chris

It kind of depends. If TA is below 50 do TA first, Then If PH is completely out of range fix that, unless FC is above 10 in which case you ignore it. Then FC, then PH, CYA, then TA, then CA, and finally borates and salt.

Here are my numbers:
Ph dropped fast when I added 2 drops of acid demand
Which should I balance first?
Ph 8.2
CC-0
FC-0
TA-60
CH-70
Salt-0
CYA-0

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.