Adopted a spa in the beautiful PNW :)

Jan 4, 2019
Milwaukie, OR
Hello!
I manage and live in a co-op-ish 7 bedroom home near Portland, OR, and my housemates and I have adopted a spa!

It's an older spa built by Superior Spas, which, as far as I can tell, is only in the UK anymore.

There has been some work getting it set up of course. I patched a pretty substantial PVC leak with some PlastAid (holding up nicely), and just replaced the wet end on the main pump, which was cracked... uhoh!
Hopefully, we'll be leak free when everything gets reinstalled!

The final, quizzical, bit to get ironed out is the blower, which I hope you all can help me out with.
The issue seems rather atypical, and I suspect may really be an issue with the control board. I'll post a thread on the issue and hope for some good feedback!

I'm super excited about the aftermarket saltwater chlorine setup I installed. I've had everything up and going, and things seem to work great! Aside from the leaks and blower issues of course...

About me:
I'm an environmental engineering student, finishing up my last year. I enjoy fixing & building things, tango dancing, sailing, kiting, snow and all the rest :)

Cheers!!

A few suggestions, buy a couple of new filters and rotate the clean one in every month, purge the plumbing with a surfactant to break down biofilms (search if unfamiliar) and develop a sound sanitation program. Bringing an old spa back to life is a good project just be careful what else may come back to life along with it.