Adjustment Help

Robl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
CT
Now that my FC levels are stable and the water looks great I need a little help with some adjustments. Not sure what to adjust first.
FC: 5.5
pH: 7.0
T/A: 70
CYA: 30

Vinyl pool so I didn't test CH. I know the pH is low so should I attack that one first?

Thanks!

I would leave everything alone. pH will probably rise slowly. Watch it carefully. If it doesn't rise in the next week or so, bring it to 7.4 with borax.

You don't say where you live so 30ppm CYA is OK if you live North, bring it to 50 if you live South.

I thought I had that in my profile - now fixed. I'm in CT with a good amount of sun most of the day. How does pH rise on it's own?

Glad to hear I'm good where I have been trying to keep most of it. It seems almost to easy with the BBB method. Although I've only had to use 1 B.

It seems almost to easy with the BBB method. Although I've only had to use 1 B
:mrgreen:

Now, you have taken charge of your pool water and know, from accurate testing, whether you EVER need to use the two others or not.....that's what makes you a BBB'r is your knowledge.

However, we may make you put in 1/16 teaspoon of the other two B's before we send you a BBB plaque and teach you the secret handshake. :goodjob:

Suziqzer said:
Ph will rise with splashing or anything that provides aeration to the pool surface.
Thanks just learned something new. Lots of that went on today! No heater installed yet but they kids still had lots of fun even though it seemed a little chilly. I keep forgetting to put in the thermometer.

I dove in after working on the deck some more and it felt great on this hot memorial day!

Leebo said:
Dang! I've never needed to use Borax yet....is that why my daughter tells me I'm not cool?

I'm waiting for mine to say that. So far I'm still king but I'm guessing for only a few more years. Not looking forward to 2 teenage daughters ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.