Adjust pH during SLAM?

Your pH should not have dropped. How are you testing it, and how high is the FC at the moment? High FC can react and mess with drop tests and bleach out strips.

I find it hard to believe your CYA is zero if you have an inline chlorinator. But if it is zero, then you calculate your pool's volume in gallons and put that in at the top of PoolMath Then you go down to CYA and put zero for now and 30 for target and then move to a new box, Just hit the tab key. It will tell you in weight or volume how much CYA to add.

I am using tfp test kit K 1000 for ph. Using the drop test for the FC. FC was 10 this morning down from 12 yesterday afternoon. FC dropped down to 1 by noon, CC is 1. I have added 2 plus gallons of bleach this afternoon. I am still vacuuming the detritus from the pool floor. Having to clean out the filter almost immediately. I will test again in an hour for FC. I use liquid bleach, 10% , from department store. When I switch over after slaming, calcium hypochlorite 47.6% is what I put in the water. I have stopped using the inline chlorinator for the moment. The pucks raised the CYA way too high so I am using a stablizer added directly to the water. Should give a greater control over CYA. About the ph, should I adjust to bring it to 7.2?

Thank you for replying. Yes. It was at 7.2 the reading changed when I brought the FC up to the slam amount based on the CYA . CYA was 0 and slam FC was 10. I have since added stablizer to bring the CYA up to 30. The Overnight test worked and we are swimming.:) I am now hearing a whining sound coming from the pump, I think the bearings are going. :confused:

You should not be testing pH or adjusting pH once you begin the SLAM Process and your FC is 10 or above.

If you are concerned about your pH then let it drift below 10, test and adjust to 7.2, and resume the SLAM Process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.