Adding SWG - question re multivalve

I will be installing a Circupool RJ-45+ SWG to my unground pool in the next couple of days. It currently has a non-functioning Aquapure 1400. If I leave the multivalve in the “filter” position will the water in the filter drain out when I splice in the SWG cell post filter? If so, what setting should I put the valve on?

Your MPV have a CLOSED position? What are your choices? Post a pic of the MPV.

Used CLOSED but don’t forget to open it before you turn in your pump. Put a note on your pump switch to check MPV.

Installed today and everything went well. One question though- when I press the salinity button it says “average” salt level is 3500 ppm but when I use the menu button it indicates salt level at about 2500 ppm. I haven’t added salt in a few years since my Aquapure failed long ago so it’s probably 2500ish. Waiting on salt test strips to arrive to double check.

Any thoughts?

Whatever the cell says does not matter as long as it is happy and generating. SWG salinity is a guess by the cell electronics and not a true test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The menu function will only display salinity when the cell is actively generating. Also I have noticed on mine when it first starts generating the salinity is around 4200-4300 then after a minute or two it comes down close to 3800ppm and stays around it till it finishes the generating run. My average is around 3800ppm. Which is actually close to what my Taylor K-1766 salt test indicates. I have also noticed when my water temp is cooler salinity runs higher average around 3900 in the evening and night and then 3700 during day when sunlight is on the pool and water warms up.

As the menu readings when I first installed were around 2500, I added 3 40# bags of salt on Sunday. So this morning I turned on the SWG at 70%. At first it was generating chlorine but then stopped. I just turned it off and then on again and now it’s generating chlorine. My “salinity now” is 3500+\-. Did it just need a reboot?

Attachments

• AA230230-2288-4FA7-81D2-AAF98BCBA939.jpeg
    AA230230-2288-4FA7-81D2-AAF98BCBA939.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 7E5F9FBC-4C62-497C-862B-FD153CB76E85.jpeg
    7E5F9FBC-4C62-497C-862B-FD153CB76E85.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.