Adding Pool Solar

atropine

Gold Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Logandale, Nevada
I am planning to add pool solar soon. I already purchased the rooftop panels and plumbing/connectors/check valves to make all the plumbing connections. But I need to figure out the auto valve actuator and temp sensors before I start cutting into the plumbing. I have a Pentair Intellitouch i7 +3 system with a propane heater. Is it just as simple as buying a Pentair CVA24T valve actuator and plugging it into a pre-readied spot behind the front cover panel (I haven’t had time to go take the panel cover off yet)? Do I need a second air sensor that goes up on the roof near the solar panels, and if so is there also a pre-readied receptacle in the panel for it?

Attachments

• F8FBA28D-1C0C-4608-B932-5B48BF1A670A.jpeg
    F8FBA28D-1C0C-4608-B932-5B48BF1A670A.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 9
Thank you! After reading this, I went outside tonight and took off the panel. Sure enough, its just like you said. This couldn't be easier. I also just realized that the wiring diagram for the intellitouch panel is printed right there on the inside door of the panel haha.... I am going to check the sunlight situation on the pergola over my pool equipment tomorrow. As long as there is no chance of it being shaded by my shop, I will just mount the solar sensor on the roof of the pergola. However, if it is shaded, I will need to run the solar sensor up to the top of the shop roof where my solar panels will be mounted. This obviously will require a long wire extension for the solar temp sensor. The Pentair manual specifies 20G wire that is outdoor rated and I should probably find shielded wire as it will be a long run if I go this route (probably about 70-80'). I have a bunch of leftover 10G outdoor rated wire that I used to wire up my electrical solar panels- any reason why this thicker wire wouldn't work? Do you think Pentair is just specifying a MINIMUM 20G wire?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.