Adding Pentair Easytouch for automation

dvmak

Jan 8, 2012
Moving pool equipment to a better spot. In process I added a gas line to the new pad as would like to extend the season.

What I want to automate - 25K pool with pool pump - filter - booster for cleaner (which I don't use but will leave in place) - new heater - pool light and two circuits for landscape lights

Was thinking of getting the EasyTouch (520703) with 7 circuits but currently have a pool pilot SWG which would like to keep until it dies.

Do all EasyTouch come with the transformer for the SWG cell this was all I would need in the future is the cell?

Also upgrading electric to 50AMP service

DV,

The stock EasyTouch does not come with any salt related equipment.

The Saltwater EasyTouch comes with a salt cell, an internal SWCG power center, and wiring so that you can just plug the cell in the bottom of the main panel

The P/N 520703 is for a Pool OR Spa but not both. It comes without any salt equipment at all.

If you add a saltwater system later, you will need a Cell and an external Power Center, and then you will have to wire them back to the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

DV,

The stock EasyTouch does not come with any salt related equipment.

The Saltwater EasyTouch comes with a salt cell, an internal SWCG power center, and wiring so that you can just plug the cell in the bottom of the main panel

The P/N 520703 is for a Pool OR Spa but not both. It comes without any salt equipment at all.

If you add a saltwater system later, you will need a Cell and an external Power Center, and then you will have to wire them back to the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanx Jim - looks like price is not much different if I get the EasyTouch with SWG or buy it separately. Is there any other downside other than having to mount another power cell?

dv,

The IntelliCenter is newer and better...

The EasyTouch (ET) has a max of 12 schedules. The IntelliCenter (IC) has 100
The ET is a black and white alphanumeric system. The IC is color touch-screen like your phone.
The ET sucks without an add on called ScreenLogic so you can use your PC or phone to control your pool. The IC comes with a ScreenLogic-like system included.

I have three pools that all have EasyTouch systems, and I love them. There is very little advantage for me to upgrade to the new IntelliCenter. That said, if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the IntelliCenter.

You can add the salt system later, but I would buy the EasyTouch or IntelliCenter with the salt system. When your autopilot dies, you will already have a replacement system all in one box. I doubt prices are going down.

Check out this place to buy, or just for a great reference site.. Welcome to Polytec Pools

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim - Is the IntelliCenter the same as IntelliTouch? Looking at the Polytec website looks like what I need is out of stock and searching other sites appears to be the same issue. Any pointers to where I can find the IntelliCenter?

dv,

The EasyTouch and IntelliTouch are both older, but similar systems. The EasyTouch is for simple pools and spas and the IntelliTouch is for more complex pools and spas.

The new IntelliCenter functions about the same as the older products, but has a much more modern design...

Think of the EasyTouch and IntelliTouch as you would an iPhone 1, while the IntelliCenter is like an iPhone 10.. The newer one has more capabilities, but they both can make the same phone calls.

IntelliCenters are hard to find. It seems the few that get delivered are purchased within a couple of days.

Thanks,

Jim R.

dv,

The EasyTouch and IntelliTouch are both older, but similar systems. The EasyTouch is for simple pools and spas and the IntelliTouch is for more complex pools and spas.

The new IntelliCenter functions about the same as the older products, but has a much more modern design...

Think of the EasyTouch and IntelliTouch as you would an iPhone 1, while the IntelliCenter is like an iPhone 10.. The newer one has more capabilities, but they both can make the same phone calls.

IntelliCenters are hard to find. It seems the few that get delivered are purchased within a couple of days.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,

Yes, they are hard to find. Couldn't find a complete set so purchased the Single Body IntelliCenter Load Center with IntelliChlor Transformer. Now looking for the personality kit. Looks like the 8 relay version is nowhere to be found but the 5 is easier to source.

Question: Does the Intellichlor use one of the relays? If not maybe the 5 will suffice. Also, since I have the trench still open for the new electric service I was planning to drop a ethernet cable from the house to the pad. That would eliminate the need for the wireless card is that correct?

dv,

One of the five relays can only be used as the pump/filter relay. This relay only closes when the pump is running. It is mandatory that any SWCG is powered by this relay. So, you only have 4 relays that you can program to turn on and off as you want. The 8-relay unit only has 7 user programmable relays, etc.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.