Adding Muriatic Acid every 3 or 4 days

I wouldn't recommend pouring acid into a measuring cup. That is your problem with the fumes hitting you. I just eye ball it. I turn my head away while pouring it and make sure to stay down wind always. You can't go wrong if you add a little too much in my eyes. Maybe if you have swimmers coming the same day. But you can always adjust it with some baking soda if needed.

You don't want to be down wind of an open container of MA, especially the 30+% stuff.

I've found that measuring into an HDPE pitcher works well. I just stand next to my AC compressor while it's running with the exhaust blowing across my face, and hold the containers down wind of my face. DE gives me a lot more trouble than MA.

You don't want to be down wind of an open container of MA, especially the 30+% stuff.

I've found that measuring into an HDPE pitcher works well. I just stand next to my AC compressor while it's running with the exhaust blowing across my face, and hold the containers down wind of my face. DE gives me a lot more trouble than MA.

Hmmm A/C unit is a great idea... and I think I meant upwind lol. The wind blowing the MA fumes away from you.. definitely upwind :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.