Adding more than one chemical at a time....

can you add bleach and muriatic acid at the same time or should there be some length of time between adding them?

Never allow these two chemicals even remotely get close to each other as they are quite dangerous if allowed to mix.

You should always add them separately allowing a reasonable amount of time (min 30 mins or longer) for dilution in the pool before adding the other. This is good practice for any chemical addition to your water.

https://youtu.be/yuaKW7zdgY4

chlorine mixed with acid causes a reaction which realeses chlorine gas and can be deadly.

Allow 30 min between adding chemicals.

Can we add at the other ends of the pool? My pool is 40 ft long... I usually add chlorine on one end of the pool and acid on the other end... one after other. Is that dangerous? I have return jets on both ends.

Can we add at the other ends of the pool? My pool is 40 ft long... I usually add chlorine on one end of the pool and acid on the other end... one after other. Is that dangerous? I have return jets on both ends.

With that volume of pool you should be OK. But, we will always suggest waiting 15-30 minutes between additions of chlorine and acid due to safety concerns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.