Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm getting a re-plaster now (and at the same time adding a suction line for the cleaner, adding an auto fill, replacing the skimmer, and replacing the old small diameter piping and returns. I decided to move all of the equipment to a better location so it is turning into a huge job.
The spa has only 3 jets and I would like to do something to improve it and now would be the time. Is there any way to add features to an existing gunite spa (within reason)? Jets? Bubbles? Anything? More water flow would not only make the spa more enjoyable but help he stay well above the min GPM for the heater.
I appreciate any suggestions and ideas.

Welcome to TFP.

I had lots of ideas until you said " within reason ".

Your spa raised or buried? Post pics of your spa and pool for us to understand what you are working with.

You can add pipes for more jets or bubbles. The issue is how you hide the piping running around the spa and back to the equipment pad.

Sorry about leaving those off. The decking is concrete but with a bit of digging I should have access the the back side of the spa.
Just drained the pool yesterday and am waiting for chip out.
Here are some views.

Attachments

• IMG_4255.jpeg
    IMG_4255.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4253.jpeg
    IMG_4253.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4254.jpeg
    IMG_4254.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 26
You should be able to add jets to your spa the same as adding to the pool. Core drill the holes, trench for new pipes, and connect the pipes. Make sure your pump has sufficient HP to give you the water pressure desired with the added jets.

Adding bubbles to the jets is more difficult. The jets are not simply pipe but a manifold that combines air and water at the outlet. It will require more extensive surgery to the spa and replumbing.

Last edited:
I'll have to talk with the pool guy. I'd like to go to the effort to add air to the jets. But the 'within reason' part may be getting in the way if that is the only way to make it happen.

Last edited:
It turns out to indeed need major surgery to add true spa jets and cost is too high for the benefit of just 2 more spa jets. Instead, we decided to add another return as a jet with no air (as you suggested) that is tied in with the return at that bottom of the spa. That will keep the GPM rate up so the heater is always happy and doesn't cost any extra.
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.