Adding fragrance to a saltwater inground acrylic spa that spills into a pool?

venexiano

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Is it safe to add to add a flagrance like this in the water of a saltwater inground acrylic spa that spills into a pool? I would add it when in SPA mode, but then of course when I am done using the spa it will dilute with Pool water when in Spillway mode. Can oil damage equipment, e.g., pump , heater, saltwater generator, valves? Would it be safer to use a non-oil based flagrance such as this ? Any suggestion on products you used and never gave you problems?

What type of filter do you have?

If you have a typical small Florida cartridge filter you may find it clogging up more rapidly from the oils. And the oils are difficult to clean off a cartridge. So you may be buying new cartridges frequently.

I would LOVE to add fragrance to my hot tub. I have looked and looked and looked. So far I have not found a single thing that I would consider hot tub compatible.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I would LOVE to add fragrance to my hot tub. I have looked and looked and looked. So far I have not found a single thing that I would consider hot tub compatible.
Try putting fragrance around the hot tub, not in the water. Maybe candles or bowls of scented water around the tub?

Reactions: Mdragger88
A battery operated cordless diffuser near the spa is a better option. You get the aroma therapy & no weird stuff is added to your water.
There’s a bunch of them on the Amazin

Sundance 880 and 980 series have a feature where the air blower for the air injectors (soft tissue massage) has a compartment for a scented cartridge. The scent is in the bubbles, not the tub. And you can smell it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try putting fragrance around the hot tub, not in the water. Maybe candles or bowls of scented water around the tub?

A battery operated cordless diffuser near the spa is a better option. You get the aroma therapy & no weird stuff is added to your water.
There’s a bunch of them on the Amazin

The natural rising air action from the hot tub sort of stops the fragrance from coming in. Plus those are a bit of a hassle.

I would love to have something like a shower melt (I know, that would be sooooo bad for the hot tub) that I could keep a jar of inside the door to the hot tub. When I go to soak, just grab one and pitch it in.

I know I am dreaming. I wonder how they do it in commercial spa steam rooms. This one place we go every so often has steam rooms with eucalyptus, clears your head right out, that is what I (and mainly my wife, she is the one that had her sinuses reconstructed) would love to have.

Eh, first world problems I know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.