Adding dark blue glass to StoneScapes Mini Tahoe?

Soggydoggies

Silver Supporter
May 16, 2020
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Plaster scheduled for Friday! We have the option to add hand casted glass to the StoneScapes Mini Pebble finish in Tahoe. I love the darker plaster finishes, but we settled on Tahoe because we will have a somewhat shallow pool in full Texas sun all day, and we were concerned about the black finishes getting ridiculously hot in the summer. Also the issues with consistent pigment in the darker finishes steered us away. So Tahoe seemed like the lightest of the still medium toned blues. So obviously I don't want to lighten the color at all. Darker would be fine! Our builder recommends adding just dark blue glass to give the sparkle and darken it up a bit. Has anyone added just the dark blue glass and noticed a big difference in the expected overall color of the pool? I think I've been through every thread about it I can find, including the finish gallery!

We had added 3 bags cobalt to Tahoe Blue (regular pebble). Paid around $2700 (19000 gallon pool). We are happy with the results.

We live in NE Florida, pool depth is 4'-5.5'.

Thank you!! This is very helpful. Do you remember if you have the Stonescapes pebble or pebbletec? You can definitely see the blue sparkle in there. More than I would have thought!

Plaster scheduled for Friday! We have the option to add hand casted glass to the StoneScapes Mini Pebble finish in Tahoe. I love the darker plaster finishes, but we settled on Tahoe because we will have a somewhat shallow pool in full Texas sun all day, and we were concerned about the black finishes getting ridiculously hot in the summer. Also the issues with consistent pigment in the darker finishes steered us away. So Tahoe seemed like the lightest of the still medium toned blues. So obviously I don't want to lighten the color at all. Darker would be fine! Our builder recommends adding just dark blue glass to give the sparkle and darken it up a bit. Has anyone added just the dark blue glass and noticed a big difference in the expected overall color of the pool? I think I've been through every thread about it I can find, including the finish gallery!
Hi, did you decide to go with the blue glass beads? Do you have a picture? We have to decide if that is what we want to do as well.

Hi, did you decide to go with the blue glass beads? Do you have a picture? We have to decide if that is what we want to do as well.
Hiya! Just seeing this! We did decide to do it. It was a mix of dark blue and aqua blue iridescent beads. It makes the water slightly more turquoise, and very pretty with water movement. You get that rainbow effect when there’s any ripples, and little sparkles everywhere when the light hits them.
A5EE6891-0FB1-403F-89FE-0C084298A61E.jpegC40BE04F-CF73-4157-A812-FE5CB1E0FADC.jpegF5FA0DA1-AEA7-4B86-A8E4-FB3EBFDCCAC5.jpeg9768D677-6D5E-4014-A399-85F015B2E93C.jpeg

Reactions: mastervic27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.