adding chlorine doser

Sharonjh

Bronze Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Australia
Hi all, I would like to add a chlorine doser to my pool. I'm looking at the rolachem RC1. I also have a solar controller where the filter pump and solar pump plugs into it. Would i be able to put a double adapter on the filter pump socket so that i can run the filter pump and chlorine doser at the same time. That way I don't have to worry about the chlorine doser coming on when pump is off.

Can you find the power consumption of the RC1? It looks like a very low power devices and shouldn't be an issue.
Do you want to double Stack your solar controller and the RC1 out of the filter pump socket? It will work but it will be a bit messy with all the plugs and adapters.
Does your Chlorinator have another Aux socket that is on a timer? Can't see what brand model you have.

Can you find the power consumption of the RC1? It looks like a very low power devices and shouldn't be an issue.
Do you want to double Stack your solar controller and the RC1 out of the filter pump socket? It will work but it will be a bit messy with all the plugs and adapters.
Does your Chlorinator have another Aux socket that is on a timer? Can't see what brand model you have.

I can't seem to find the power consumption either. Yes i was hoping to double stack the solar controller out of the filter pump socket. I don't have a chlorinator. Currently i am manually dosing the pool with liquid chlorine.

Are you running your pump through a timer plugged into a 10A outlet?
Just make sure the total load through the outlet and timer(If you have one) don't exceed the rated current.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.