Hardeeville SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Using the pool math app I want to increase my TA from 37 to 70 by adding baking soda. Next, Increase CH to 350 from 186 by adding calcium chloride. Do I need to turn off the SWG while adding the baking soda and calcium chloride?

If Marty doesn't mind... I'll elaborate.

Paul, we can tell from your test result numbers that you probably got those results from a pool store, or some other source other than your TF-Pro. We don't base our advice on pool store test results, because they are well-known to be anywhere from somewhat close to wildly inaccurate. You will not get better test results, from anywhere, than you can get on your own with your TF-Pro, which is why we really only trust those.

Further, our advice is also based on an overview of all or your test results, because they can affect each other. Which is why Marty is asking about your pH and asking for your TF-Pro test results. What he's after, to give you the very best advice, is the results of an entire suite of TF-Pro test results. And you can make it easier on us to read them if you return them in this exact format:

FC: xx
CC: xx
pH: xx
TA: xx
CH: xx
CYA: xx
Borates: (If you use them) xx

With that, Marty will analyze the whole picture and advise accordingly.

If Marty doesn't mind... I'll elaborate.

Paul, we can tell from your test result numbers that you probably got those results from a pool store, or some other source other than your TF-Pro. We don't base our advice on pool store test results, because they are well-known to be anywhere from somewhat close to wildly inaccurate. You will not get better test results, from anywhere, than you can get on your own with your TF-Pro, which is why we really only trust those.

Further, our advice is also based on an overview of all or your test results, because they can affect each other. Which is why Marty is asking about your pH and asking for your TF-Pro test results. What he's after, to give you the very best advice, is the results of an entire suite of TF-Pro test results. And you can make it easier on us to read them if you return them in this exact format:

FC: xx
CC: xx
pH: xx
TA: xx
CH: xx
CYA: xx
Borates: (If you use them) xx

With that, Marty will analyze the whole picture and advise accordingly.
Ok, I understand the importance of accurate test readings. I have been using those provided by a pool store while waiting for the TF-Pro. I’ll post new numbers once the test kit arrives later this week.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mdragger88 and Dirk
To elaborate a tad further- It’s highly likely that the pool store ta result is really “adjusted” ta & that your actual ta is higher & you may not need any baking soda at all.
The pool stores really love to sell expensive baking soda!
Waiting a few days won’t harm anything.
Looking forward to seeing your tfpro #’s. 😁

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.