Gold Supporter
Apr 16, 2016
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m looking for a practical way to add an auto fill to my existing pool. Pool was built in 2015 and I have a manual 3/4” fill line run to one of the skimmers. I’m thinking maybe there is a place to install an electronic water level sensor and add an automatic valve actuator on the fill line.

Your best option is to replace the manual fill valve with a timer valve. When it’s in the skimmer it’s prone to malfunctions. They also make a autofill float that attaches to a garden hose and lays on the coping.

Not cheap, but they work.
Good information! Thanks!

I just purchased one of these WiFi Water Timer for Garden Hose that I can control from my phone, and set a single use fill timer or a repeating fill timer. I recently drained and refilled several thousand gallons from my pool to correct a chemical addition error, and the fill part was pretty painless thanks to this fill valve. When it gets to be summer and I am refilling more frequently, I will set this up for daily water adds. It also has the capability to set rain delays.

Reactions: kul
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.