Adding a hot tub to existing fiberglass pool

Aug 22, 2016
Corpus Christi Tx
Would like some input on adding a new hot tub to our pool. Pool is a 30K gallon fiberglass. Pentair dual stage pump salt water generator and quad DE filter. What kind of cost would we be looking at? I know I would have to add a heater and shell,jets, and plumbing. What else? Is a separate pump for the jets needed ? Would it be better to add a stand alone spa or add to the existing setup? Thanks.
Bob

Would like some input on adding a new hot tub to our pool. Pool is a 30K gallon fiberglass. Pentair dual stage pump salt water generator and quad DE filter. What kind of cost would we be looking at? I know I would have to add a heater and shell,jets, and plumbing. What else? Is a separate pump for the jets needed ? Would it be better to add a stand alone spa or add to the existing setup? Thanks.
Bob

To add it on your much better off just getting a stand alone tub. You can use it when you close your pool still and they are a lot more comfortable with a lot more features

I'll second Manorpool.. We were considering the same question a couple years ago with our 15k gallon gunite pool. After talking to a couple contractors (and several folks here), it looked like it'd be $30k-40k to add an in-ground spa to the pool. That was way out of our budget.

Bob,

The main selling point for an in-ground spa is that they can have an absolutely stunning visual impact on the whole pool/spa look...

A standalone spa has the opposite effect, at best it will look ok, but it will never have the visual impact of a built in spa.

That said, in my opinion, a standalone spa is better in every possible way except for the looks.

It will have more comfortable seating, many, many more jets, can be used 24/7 because there is no need to heat it up, and easier to use in the winter when the pool is closed.

The key in my mind is why you want a spa... Kind of a Form vs. Function kind of thing.. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.
I had hoped to add on to my existing filter etc but now see that it might not be a good option.
So what spas do you guys recomend? Last one I had from ebay lasted 2 years and was junk.
First one I had was good, but not one I would use again. I see that most spas are in the 10K range, but I don't need a big one. 2-3 people is more than enough and mainly for stress reduction and muscle relaxation.
Thanks!

Ive seen ppl do really nice setups with standalone spas, you can even set them in the ground and do pavers/wood around them for the deck and they look sweet. To add a spa later to a pool is a pain in the butt. You need a base, prob concrete pad since u have fiberglass you dont want to bow the shell, a seperate pump or plumbing and valves tied into pool, and a heater. Not practical to use in winter with pool closed up, they look better tied together but I feel its for warm winter areas, if you dont have bad winters and pool stays open then diff story. I bet you can do a stand-alone setup very nicely to fit whatever ur current pool area looks like for half a built in tied to pool, maybe less

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.