added de to sand

Aug 19, 2017
dover, delaware
so trying to get a little more filtration before i go but a duda bag. si i follow the directions here on adding de to sand fikter for a 1 psi raise. well 8 add 1/4 cup of de total and it eaised my filter pressure from 14.5 to 15.5. i then waited 24 hours and its still at 15.5 i even sweeped the pool to see if it would catch some of yhe dirt that was on thr bottom and its still at 15.5. the article said it will take atleadt a cups of de for a 1 psi raise. is this nornal for a 1/4 cup

Every filter s different, that is why there is no blanket statement to add X amount. If you got the 1 PSI rise you are good to go.

Now, give it time. If you have a manual vacuum, use it. Keep sweeping stuff to get it up in the water column. Obviously the DE can't do it's thing if the dirt is on the bottom of the pool and .

well i decided to vacuum. starting pressure was 15.5 after vacuuming, pressure rose to 20psi. so i backwashed, and rinsed. pressure came back down to 14.5 and i added a 1/4 cup of de and it rose back to 15 psi. but now my pool is cloudy from the dirt that got past the filter. how do i clear it up faster rather then waiting a few days. pump only runs 6 hours a day total

hey guy. so after adding de to the sand filter, and even adding a duda bag to on of the outlets, i have notice less floats over the pool light at night but im still getting a fine layer of dirt on the pool bottom. i tried to vacuum it and it still comes thru the duda filter. sweeping it just turn the pool cloudy green/brown until it all settles to the bottom again. only way to keep it clear is to vacuum its, but i go thru to much water vacuum it.

hey guy. so after adding de to the sand filter, and even adding a duda bag to on of the outlets, i have notice less floats over the pool light at night but im still getting a fine layer of dirt on the pool bottom. i tried to vacuum it and it still comes thru the duda filter. sweeping it just turn the pool cloudy green/brown until it all settles to the bottom again. only way to keep it clear is to vacuum its, but i go thru to much water vacuum it.
I wonder if that's dirt that's escaped or fresh algae gathering every night. Try an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and post some test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
where should i be looking for crack aor missing o rings at. the multiport valve? its crazy because the pool will be prefectly clear. but it will be fine dirt all over the bottom. if i sweep it. the pool will cloud up for a few day until all the dirt settles back at the bottom of the pool. for this reason the pool only gets used after a vacuum which is about once or twice a week. but its turning into a lot of wasted water and chemicals and salt.

where should i be looking for crack aor missing o rings at. the multiport valve? its crazy because the pool will be prefectly clear. but it will be fine dirt all over the bottom. if i sweep it. the pool will cloud up for a few day until all the dirt settles back at the bottom of the pool. for this reason the pool only gets used after a vacuum which is about once or twice a week. but its turning into a lot of wasted water and chemicals and salt.
Anywhere inside. Dirty water is crossing the threshold to the clean side without getting scrubbed by passing through the sand bed. So it's in the multiport, or the seal between the multiport and the standpipe, the standpipe itself, any one of the laterals, or the sand itself. It could be as simple as the sand is hardened up into sandstone from using clarifiers or flocs (even some multi-purpose pucks sneak it in - and when you backwashed, you disturbed things and broke it up into clods with big gaps between them. It only takes one gap to get what you describe. Or one lateral that cracked between slits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.