Add Sodium Bicarbonate and Chlorine/shock together?

atdale

Jun 13, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Attached a pic of my readings from SureTREAT app (sorry folks, I prefer it to pool math). I thought I remembered reading recently that shock should be added in evening and SB added in the morning, but never together - is that correct? First time poster but have been searching and reading for awhile!

Attachments

• B9DF8079-1AA3-4917-9112-3FB9C5AC80DC.png
    B9DF8079-1AA3-4917-9112-3FB9C5AC80DC.png
    416 KB · Views: 16
Your TA is fine. No need to add. That is why we like Poolmath better, it has TFPC levels in it.

Chlorine -- add it. Follow the FC/CYA Levels

Thanks! I probably should have mentioned in the post, but i already added the SB. Too late now haha. That said, is it ok to add them together or should I wait until morning?

On the pool math app for iOS, it doesn’t seem to save my readings when I go back or hit the log addition button. I’ve upgraded to premium thinking that would fix it, but it didn’t. Am I doing something wrong?

You can add chlorine at the same time as any chemical EXCEPT muriatic acid. Wait 15 minutes or so between those two.

Watch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.