Add remote control to heater

Indichut

Mar 5, 2022
New York
TFP helped get my pool running last year. Now I'm trying to optimize things a bit. I have a Hayward H350FDP propane heater on my pool.

Recently repaired the heat exchanger and it's working well. However, I spent a fortune on propane last year running the thing.

I'm wondering if there is a way to add an aftermarket controller so that I could turn it on / off remotely? I know newer Hayward equipment has their own system - but I couldn't find any info on retro fit.

Alternatively, does anybody have any suggestions for how to monitor use - how much it's actually running or propane it's using? Some type of gauge on the propane fitting maybe?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

What model pump do you have?

Do you want to turn the heater on/off from a switch in a location in your house or from a wireless app?

Do you want to know remotely what the pool water temperature is?

Figure your H350 heater uses 3-4 gallons of propane/hour.

How many gallons are in your pool?

It's about a 20k gallon pool.

Pump is an old Hayward superpump c48 3/4hp

I already have a solution to run that remotely with a wifi time clock. I also already have remote temperature sensors in the pool for wifi and in house monitoring.

Use another WIFi switch for your heater.

You will need to know your pump is on before you turn on the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.