Mar 5, 2017
Lakeville, MN
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi All,

The threads on my pump output do not match the threads on my filter input. They are close, but not quite the same. Can anyone suggest an adapter?

1677103128835.png

1677103106433.png

Thanks,
Dan

Generally pump and filter threads are proprietary and include the piece that comes off each. From there you use regular plumbing pieces to connect the two. Can you be a little more specific what you are trying to do?

Generally pump and filter threads are proprietary and include the piece that comes off each. From there you use regular plumbing pieces to connect the two. Can you be a little more specific what you are trying to do?
Here is what I am trying to do. The picture is from the box the pump came in.

1677105693142.png

Was this a unit that came together pump and filter and/or is designed as a pair? Is it that white hose piece that you don't have? You should have a fitting for the pump and another fitting for the filter that typically screws into the device. The other end of those is typically either a slip fitting or else the unit comes with a threaded to slip fitting. Once both pieces have a slip fitting you connect those pieces with store bought plumbing parts.

Was this a unit that came together pump and filter and/or is designed as a pair? Is it that white hose piece that you don't have? You should have a fitting for the pump and another fitting for the filter that typically screws into the device. The other end of those is typically either a slip fitting or else the unit comes with a threaded to slip fitting. Once both pieces have a slip fitting you connect those pieces with store bought plumbing parts.
The pump and filter did not come together. The pump states that it will work with any cartridge filter system but there were no adapters included that work.

Did you buy these new? Pumps and filters normally include these pieces.
Yes, they are new. There were adapters included for permanent/PVC installation but I'm not looking to do that. This is for an above ground pool and I want to be able to disconnect everything easily in the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, they are new. There were adapters included for permanent/PVC installation but I'm not looking to do that. This is for an above ground pool and I want to be able to disconnect everything easily in the winter.
You can still do this with "permanent" PVC. Simply install a couple unions where you want to disconnect the plumbing. I think you are going to have issues trying to find those proprietary plumbing adapters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.