Active 30i vs Warrior SE

I added swg and Warrior SE robot after 5 years of pool ownership. Robot stayed in the pool 24/7 except every weekend when I took it out to clean the filter. I also untwist the cord at this time. Yes, even with the swivel it twists but in a week it really didn't hinder performance at all. Now we're designing our next house and pool. It has both to start with a nice little adder of a tube under the pool deck that comes up under the receptacle against the house roughly in the middle. Experience is a great teacher... we'll never build a pool without both of these jewels!

Chris

Instructions for Warrior SI said to completely extend cable until totally flat to prevent twisting. It also seems to work more consistently when only the amount of cable needed is in pool. Extra cable just means more potential for problems.
To your other question, get the SWCG as fast as you can. Between the robot and the swcg, pool maintenance takes about 10 mins per week.

Instructions for Warrior SI said to completely extend cable until totally flat to prevent twisting. It also seems to work more consistently when only the amount of cable needed is in pool. Extra cable just means more potential for problems.
To your other question, get the SWCG as fast as you can. Between the robot and the swcg, pool maintenance takes about 10 mins per week.
I need just about all of the cable in the pool to reach across the whole thing. It’s completely flat up until the point it enters the pool. Can’t make it go flat in the pool of course.

I installed a SWCG in April.

Sounds like you have a bum cord. They do tangle some but to your extent is not the norm.

This is what I come home to every day. I emailed Marina.

Attachments

• 397C5FA6-CB23-4120-B48E-1ABE47FF11BC.jpeg
    397C5FA6-CB23-4120-B48E-1ABE47FF11BC.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 33
This is what I come home to every day. I emailed Marina
My man @mguzzy came up with a genius hack 👇

My man @mguzzy came up with a genius hack 👇
Definitely will try!

Reactions: Newdude
This has become pretty untenable lately. The robot can barely reach a quarter of my pool because of how bad the tangles are. I untwist it all the time but the jacket has memory and tangles back within an hour. I can see stress marks forming in the jacket as well, which coke right before cracks. Maybe it is a while off, who knows, but it doesn’t look good.
Pretty expensive robot for not a great result.
Before your next run, try untangling the cord before you plug it in. I would put the robot in at the far end of the pool and then unscrew the cord from the power supply. Then, I would twist the cord in the direction that gets rid of any twists. Now, when you plug it back in to the power supply, maybe the cord will be more forgiving. Hopefully, it still has the memory when coiling it when done. I actually like how mine coils up on the caddy when done.

Before your next run, try untangling the cord before you plug it in. I would put the robot in at the far end of the pool and then unscrew the cord from the power supply. Then, I would twist the cord in the direction that gets rid of any twists. Now, when you plug it back in to the power supply, maybe the cord will be more forgiving. Hopefully, it still has the memory when coiling it when done. I actually like how mine coils up on the caddy when done.
I did that for days in a row, then once or twice a week, but just couldn’t keep putting the time into it. It was taking as long to mess with as not having a robot. The twists were going on multiple directions and every few inches.
The pool noodle seems to help the most. The twists are still there but it’s not binding up anymore.

I did that for days in a row, then once or twice a week, but just couldn’t keep putting the time into it. It was taking as long to mess with as not having a robot. The twists were going on multiple directions and every few inches.
The pool noodle seems to help the most. The twists are still there but it’s not binding up anymore.
There's definitely a problem with that cord. I would contact Marina or Maytronics and show them that picture of the tangled cord

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.