Mansfield, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I previously posted about issues with the Active 30i cable (purchased March 2021) and the cable is now broken. I babied it and made makeshift floats to keep it from untangling and kept my pH at 8+ and kept it out of the water most of the time, and it still deteriorated and tangled so much that it broke. As much as I’m incredibly disappointed by the quality of this $1k piece of junk (don’t get me started on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth), I’m not interested in replacing a 1.5 year old unit, and it doesn’t seem worth it to pay for shipping back to Maytronics.

For those that have replaced the cable, are there any watch-outs?

I previously posted about issues with the Active 30i cable (purchased March 2021) and the cable is now broken. I babied it and made makeshift floats to keep it from untangling and kept my pH at 8+ and kept it out of the water most of the time, and it still deteriorated and tangled so much that it broke. As much as I’m incredibly disappointed by the quality of this $1k piece of junk (don’t get me started on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth), I’m not interested in replacing a 1.5 year old unit, and it doesn’t seem worth it to pay for shipping back to Maytronics.

For those that have replaced the cable, are there any watch-outs?

The cable is fairly easy to replace. Not much to watch out for except to make sure the robot side connector makes a good water tight seal. Don’t get lube on the pins as that will interfere with them electrically but do give a good amount of silicone lube to the rest of the connector and it will be water tight.

Non-swivel cable runs about $100. I would do a non-swivel cable because it’s cheaper than the swivel connector one and less to worry about going wrong. We’ve had plenty of reports of bad contacts with the swivel cable. Just one less thing to break.

I have a thread giving maintenance to my robot. You need to lube up the swivel(not the pins), but they all tangle some more or less.

Reactions: Newdude
I finally got the replacement cable in. Pretty easy to install. It’s been running for the past few hours without throwing the “no power” error. Although, I noticed it does stop early, but seems to be something with the app.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
I'm with you, spent over $1600 on a M600 that is pure crape. Thank goodness for AMEX extended warrenty and "lemon" guarantee. Of the 2 M600's I've had in less than 3 years, they have been sent back to Maytronic over 15+ times for repair. 10 of those time were on my dime at $60+ for shipping.

• Wow
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I'm with you, spent over $1600 on a M600 that is pure crape. Thank goodness for AMEX extended warrenty and "lemon" guarantee. Of the 2 M600's I've had in less than 3 years, they have been sent back to Maytronic over 15+ times for repair. 10 of those time were on my dime at $60+ for shipping.
Maybe Ninja will start making pool robots.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.