Acid Wash Startup

Jun 15, 2019
San Antonio TX
My pool has to be acid washed due to jacked up initial startup. Waited a year to let the Pebbletec cure...Does anyone know the procedure to use after the acid wash...ie..fill..(throw in sequester...or just maintain chems)..I want to start this thing off right to avoid calcium or anything else. Any procedures would be appreciated. Thanks!

Funny, mine had to be acid washed also, they said it on my water balance for 6 months and to "call a pool company" then said "oh we need to acid wash the top coat off" when I kept complaining..he wanted mne to add like 6 more gallons of acid ( PH was already around 7.4 ) and see if that helped but I didn't feel comfortable turning my pool and equipment into a acid pond!

I just did a normal fill and balanced the chemicals as usual..They didn't give me any special instructions but it does look better.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.