Acid base concrete stain spilled in pool.

BrandonBoll

Apr 7, 2020
Oklahoma
First off I’m new to pool care. This will be the second year of having our saltwater pool that is roughly 13,000 gallons. While staining the concrete around the pool with an acid based stain, about 1 cup of dark stain was spilled into the pool, which made the water cloudy. I guess my question is will the water clear up? If so how long before the stain clears up. I’m hoping I don’t have to drain the pool and refill but if I have to then so be it. Just looking for a little guidance.

Signature is updated, thanks for providing the link. Still learning my way around the site. The stain is an acid based stain and not oil based, so it’s not floating on top of the water. Do you still think the acid stain will work it’s way up to the water line and deposit there? Also, should I just go ahead and turn my equipment off and drain the pool? I definitely don’t want to damage the equipment.

I doubt it will damage the equipment. I would assume the color will be consumed by chlorine. With a sand filter it should not mess that up.

Your SWCG is way undersized. I assume your run the pump/SWCG a lot in the summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.